Lunges & Stairmaster = Jacked Thighs & No Toosh :(

Options
Hey there!

Would some of y'all help me out with the little predicament I'm in?
I've lost 20 pounds over the course of a year by all sorts of cardio routines. I enjoy the stair master and lunges the most out of everything I do BUT- while I am still trying to finish off that last 40 lbs, I am starting to notice that my workouts are depleting my tooshie while my legs are looking quite tone.

I would LOVE any tips and maybe some routines I could do to keep that 'area' from dissapearing! :)
If not, then it's implants for me! ;P

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Would some of y'all help me out with the little predicament I'm in?
    I've lost 20 pounds over the course of a year by all sorts of cardio routines. I enjoy the stair master and lunges the most out of everything I do BUT- while I am still trying to finish off that last 40 lbs, I am starting to notice that my workouts are depleting my tooshie while my legs are looking quite tone.

I would LOVE any tips and maybe some routines I could do to keep that 'area' from dissapearing! :)
    If not, then it's implants for me! ;P

Thanks!!!

Your rear is made up of muscle, if you want a larger rear then you need to do things that will build that muscle. By and large, cardio won't do this. In addition, when you lose weight you will lose muscle along with the fat, especially if all you are doing is cardio and if you are losing quickly (I'm not sure that you are?).

What will build up your rear: a progressive strength training program.

Some go to lifts for increasing your glutes:

Deadlifts
    Weighted squats
    Hip thrusts

I'm sure others will chime in with more lifts.
  • lebaker310
    lebaker310 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This thread is currently happening and is pretty much the same thing.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1116398-how-to-firm-your-glutes
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and deadlifts!