Changing bedding

I know it's not technically 'exercise' but changing my kingsize duvet makes me sweat like a crazy person and it certainly knackers me out! There should totally be a place for it in the calorie burn database haha.

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Is it like the exercise that it takes to take some toilet tissue to wipe your butt?

Or maybe the exercise we do pulling up our jeans and taking the trash out?

Just take the sweat and roll with it :tongue:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I love the fact that cleaning is in the exercise database, it gives me great motivation to clean... lol
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Gosh yes and all that time it takes too....all of 2 minutes, must be a mega burn.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Changing a huge duvet is a pain. I bet you all sleep with quilts. Sissies.
  • I know it's not technically 'exercise' but changing my kingsize duvet makes me sweat like a crazy person and it certainly knackers me out! There should totally be a place for it in the calorie burn database haha.

then you are really out of shape and should not be proud of this.

Did i say i was proud of it? NO.
    I was making a jokey comment and FYI kingsize feather duvets are ridiculously heavy for what they are.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    um guys... op was clearly joking.

thread = a complaint about the ickiness of duvet cover changing, not a serious exercise related query.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

thread = a complaint about the ickiness of duvet cover changing, not a serious exercise related query.

I'd suggest posting these types of joke threads in Chit Chat section. Questions of this nature have been asked in all seriousness before.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

if you have to explain a joke then it's not funny
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    today is laundry day and i am presently procrastinating to avoid the exact same punishment. i've already been to the gym, damnit!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member

yup.
  • twinketta
    OP give us 5 push ups, 5 star jumps and make sure you never post in the fitness and exercise forum with duvet issues again...then we can forget about it..OK?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member

i'm fairly sure i didnt suggest it was....

*ponders smiley face. decides against it.*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    You guys are all d*ckmuffins.

Changing a huge duvet is a pain in the *kitten*. I bet you all sleep with quilts. Sissies.

Actually, I sleep on a king size bed with satin sheets, a duvet, a throw comforter, and 9 pillows. I have still never posted a thread about the challenge of changing my bedding on the Exercise board (or any board). I also don't feel the need to call other people "sissies" because they don't consider a weekly chore to be super taxing or don't need as heavy of a blanket to sleep comfortably.

I just like that the person talking about duvets and quilts is calling other people sissies.
  • OP is relatively new to the forum aspect of MFP and will never make this mistake again.
    I did 10 push ups and 10 star jumps just to make extra sure i redeemed myself...ok?
  • twinketta
    OP is relatively new to the forum aspect of MFP and will never make this mistake again.
    I did 10 push ups and 10 star jumps just to make extra sure i redeemed myself...ok?

Awesome job...well done you (hope you really did it) x

Totally redeemed..forget the duvet changes keep up with the workouts every little (no matter how small) helps x
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    SPOOK! I just changed 3 beds on the bounce and have had to come downstairs (out of breath) for a rest.

Each bed is a 500 calorie burn. Fact.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    OP is relatively new to the forum aspect of MFP and will never make this mistake again.

Well done girl : )
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

Cool, but yeah, just FYI there is a house cleaning in the exercise diary thing that some people use to log that kind of thing. Do NOT make a thread about whether house cleaning should be logged as exercise. Trust me.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    busy cooking 2 meals for the week.........but in for later read!

no, i do not count those calories but to each their own :drinker:
  • twinketta
    SPOOK! I just changed 3 beds on the bounce and have had to come downstairs (out of breath) for a rest.

Each bed is a 500 calorie burn. Fact.

Seriously, you can not put changing a duvet as 500 cals burn as fact.

Please post the fact link?