beachbody exercises, Jillian Michales & super beginner

Options
Hi all,

I am seriously considering buying a BB workout video to start my regimen. I have around 80 lbs to lose and at the moment pretty sedentary. Do you guys think is realistic? has anyone had this experience?
Or one of those Jillian Michaels DVD is better?

Thank you!

Replies

• catherinehanlon58
    Options
    I really like the Insanity videos! It Is high impact but you modify it. Good luck :)
  • snsmyth
    snsmyth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do? Do you like dancing, kickboxing, weightlifting? Beachbody has lots of options for beginners, some more expensive than others.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have Power 90 DVD which has a beginner and then harder exercises..you can google youtubes to see what it is like. I heard Slim in 6 is also a beginner but haven't used it. Insanity I would stay away from now, work up to that intensity. Biggest Loser has good DVD's also.
    Collagevideo.com also has clips of many DVD's and category's like beginner, Intermediate, etc. and type of exercises.
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like T25. I tried Insanity but found many of the moves hurt and I struggled to find time for an hour workout. T25 is just 25 minutes 5x a week. Plus there's a woman who modifies all the moves so beginners can build up, and those prone to injuries can do some moves with low impact.

I am starting a T25 accountability and support group in a couple of weeks if anyone has the program and wants support/motivation, or does not have it yet but is interested in learning more.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The first beach body program I bought was slim in six way back when it was new and expensive and within 3 weeks I went from a size 11 to a 8, 9. It has three levels so you can work your way up. It combines cardio with toning exercises such as squats ( lots of squats!!) and resistance band routine. I have put on quite a bit a weight since then but is is still a program that gives me results. I now have a library of BB routines and alternate between all of them. They r effective if you follow the programs!!!
  • jenmencer
    Options
    I started at 263 pounds with Beachbody's Les Mills Combat. I could barely lift my legs to kick but I kept pushing through and lost 45 pounds in 60 days. I would not recommend Insanity for a beginner, but would definitely recommend Combat. It not only kick started my weight loss, but the strength you feel from punching and kicking really helped me mentally also. I swear by the programs from Beachbody...have completed many of them since and lost 70 pounds total!