Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I AM NEW TO MFP!! I NEED EDUCATION, MOTIVATION AND FRIENDS.

Hey there,
I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal and came back on for some guidance and motivation. I have always been the "big girl" and I have been trying to change that recently. I have recently started to try to eat healthier with more fruits and vegetables. I have also just begun workout videos to try to get back into gear. I am not very educated on nutrition and exercise. I know more than some people, but not enough to lose the weight I want gone. I want to lose 50 pounds which isn't much, but when it is on your body, it is A LOT! I need friends, educational help and motivation!

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Hi There, feel free to add me if you like (as can anyone else). There are many great supportive people on MFP, sometime it helps to send out friend requests with a message to people with similar interests or goals!

All the best!!
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Feel free to add me if you don't mind an old fart :) And 50 is plenty much too lose! Take it slow, fast rarely lasts. Make small changes you can sustain. It's about the rest of your life not the next 4 weeks
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    I'll send you a friend request. I am new too and I am looking for people to message with and support each other
  • nikkisuelu
    nikkisuelu Posts: 7 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I see that you are from Albuquerque, I am too. I'll send you a friend request.
  • I am from Cincinnati OHIO and I am new to MFP and I am on a mission to get healthier. NO needs to tell y'all how hard it is because these days in college are long gone and all the stress at work can be burdensome, however this time my objective is to be and stay healthy for my 12 years daughter and that is my motivation. I am happy and welcome anyone who wants to add me as friends because this time around I am going to need a lot of helps, being 39 years old does not make it easy . if you have any suggestions for me on how to see it through do not hesitate to let me know....