Wine?

Options
I love wine! As bad as this sounds like it is for weight lose, I love it!...

But my sister, as bad a this sounds, lost a lot of weight just drinking wine and eating salads everyday!... So will doing this work universally or was my sister just a 1 on a million?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love wine! As bad as this sounds like it is for weight lose, I love it!...

But my sister, as bad a this sounds, lost a lot of weight just drinking wine and eating salads everyday!... So will doing this work universally or was my sister just a 1 on a million?
    Your sister had 3 salads a day and wine? Seriously? That's all she ate?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can drink wine and still lose weight, as long as you are in an overall calorie deficit. Log the wine in your diary, along with everything else you eat and drink. Keep under your calorie goal, and you should lose.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Drink some wine, eat some salads and then eat a bunch of other food.

Seriously - you can deprive your body of the nutrients it needs and suffer the consequences.

Some wine is good. Too many calories wasted on wine? Not so much.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest doing that, I love wine as well and wine doesn't affect my weight what so ever, I can drink a whole bottle and it won't do anything as far as gaining goes.

Salads get old fast and I tried the whole "Eat a salad for every meal" thing when I first started and now it's hard for me to eat salad. This is a life style change not a "For a moment". I know for me, I want to keep my weight off so it's about moderation, not eating fried foods anymore and drink water and not reaching for a soda. At first I cut all the fried foods and soda's out and did the salad thing like I said, then that got old fast so I started to try the moderation thing and not deprive myself of my favorite things, chocolate and wine mostly lol. Now I'm eating cleaner and still enjoying my wine though.