headaches?

swerdygnome
swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everybody,

I've been using this site and dieting/exercising for a little over 3 weeks now and everything's been going great, except for the fact that I've been getting these horrible headaches that last for days at a time lately. I rarely ever used to get headaches before. I expected that cutting back on calories / sugar / caffeine would throw my body off a little at first, but this has been going on for almost a month now. Shouldn't I have adjusted by now? My headaches don't seem to respond to Tylenol and Ibuprofrin, and seem to get even worse after exercise. I have made myself a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to check everything out. I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same?

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Make sure that you're eating enough.
    I know that I'll get them if I don't have enough protien.
    Steph
    :flowerforyou:
  • aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Drink lots of water!
  • Honestly, i'd seek advice from a physician...Yes our bodies do go through changes when we cut down....I went from eating what I want for the past 10 years to just eating 1400 calories and went through some drastic changes; however, headaches are not to be played with....I'd say to take vitamins, drink plenty of water and make sure you are getting enough rest....stay hydrated.....but I would also go to the dr because it can be an underlying issue that needs some attention.
  • drink lots and lots of water, make sure your eating enough calories, and eat at least some of your exercise calories, make sure your eating balanced also..But it is wise to see the doctor just to make sure.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi Everybody,

I've been using this site and dieting/exercising for a little over 3 weeks now and everything's been going great, except for the fact that I've been getting these horrible headaches that last for days at a time lately. I rarely ever used to get headaches before. I expected that cutting back on calories / sugar / caffeine would throw my body off a little at first, but this has been going on for almost a month now. Shouldn't I have adjusted by now? My headaches don't seem to respond to Tylenol and Ibuprofrin, and seem to get even worse after exercise. I have made myself a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to check everything out. I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same?

Glad you are going to the Doctor, he/she has everything at his/her disposal and will know what they are talking about.

Exercise as a whole, can bring blood pressure down, however, for a short while after actually exercising, especially if it is aerobic activity, your blood pressure will rise.

Just make sure you tell your doctor everything, what you have cut out of your diet etc.

Fingers crossed all is okay and you get sorted as soon as possible. :flowerforyou:
  • swerdygnome
    Thanks guys. I'm definitely eating enough, drinking tons of water, and getting lots of protein. I guess it won't hurt to have blood work done though and get everything checked out by the doc. I'll keep you updated! =)
  • If you have switched to diet sodas to cut back on your calorie and sugar intake - you may be sensitive to aspartame. I have found that aspartame was the trigger to my migraines. I was drinking 2 diet drinks a day, chewing sugar free gum all day and would get a 3-4 headaches and/or migraines a week! Once I cut out the aspartame, I very rarely get a headache. I have slowly introduced aspartame into my diet and things seem to be going okay.
  • swerdygnome
    If you have switched to diet sodas to cut back on your calorie and sugar intake - you may be sensitive to aspartame. I have found that aspartame was the trigger to my migraines. I was drinking 2 diet drinks a day, chewing sugar free gum all day and would get a 3-4 headaches and/or migraines a week! Once I cut out the aspartame, I very rarely get a headache. I have slowly introduced aspartame into my diet and things seem to be going okay.

That's interesting. I've been used to aspertame for quite some time, but my body could just be freaking out because of the reduced calories. I don't know, I've gotten so many different possibilities, including ongoing back problems that could be causing the head and neck pain. I'm waiting on my blood and cat scan results. Hopefully this will be figured out soon! Thanks for the reply. :)
This discussion has been closed.