Kind of a serious topic, stalker at work.....

Options
124»

Replies

• nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ok, so in not ONE of these baseless, quick-to-jump-to-conclusion responses has anyone mentioned that said customer may, in fact, be a closeted homosexual woman, and afraid to approach you with her feelings for you. This is probably more likely than the "get a gun or you'll wind up chopped up in a trash can out behind the store" replies. But, again, the virtue of temperance in forum responses is not commonly found on MFP.

I honestly don't feel like that is the case & even if it was I am a married Woman who wouldn't accept this behavior from a Man, so I'm not going to accept it from a Woman either.

I didn't think that the woman wanted to chop her up. I did think the women was possibly interested in her sexually and was going about it in a creepy way that isn't acceptable behavior for an adult man or a woman. So, I gave her the same advice I would give if it was a man.

^^^ this

there's a right way and a wrong way to behave around someone you're sexually interested in, and it doesn't matter whether you're homosexual or heterosexual, male or female. If the person you're attracted to is clearly not interested in you, then you move on and leave them alone. Having someone that you don't know and are not planning on getting to know stalking you like this is extremely creepy, and the fact that they are probably doing it because they're sexually interested in you actually makes it a lot more creepy, rather than "oh, well that's okay then" - because of the risk of sexual violence (which is not something that only men perpetrate).

It's possibly (or even probably) the case that the woman just has some kind of obsessive infatuation with her, is afraid to actually talk to her and doesn't mean any harm, but at the very least she needs counselling to get over whatever issues she has in her life that are making her behave like this (which is not normal behaviour), and if she's seriously interested in a romantic relationship with a woman then she really needs to learn how to go about it without totally creeping out and terrifying the person she's interested in..... for her own good as well as the good of everyone around her. And whatever the cause of her behaviour is she needs a very clear message that it's NOT appropriate.

This is one of the best responses because this is exactly how I feel. I certainly wouldn't be offended at all if a Woman liked me & told me so. I would explain that I'm married & not interested & that would be that. But I don't know what the heck this chick wants or what her intentions are towards me. I just know what she is doing isn't normal. The funny thing is there is this foot fetish guy who frequents my store & he comes by every now & then to compliment me on my feet & offer to give me a pedicure, I tell him to get lost & he goes away. As strange as he is, even HE doesn't freak me out like this chick does.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    As someone who gets their make up done professionally at times, I prefer to stare into your face and eyes whenever possible. It beats being forced to stare at your chest as the professional is constantly standing over you. I always wonder, do they know they have their breasts on my cheek or do they just feel that comfortable with me as a client????
  • nyla2120
    Options
    As someone who gets their make up done professionally at times, I prefer to stare into your face and eyes whenever possible. It beats being forced to stare at your chest as the professional is constantly standing over you. I always wonder, do they know they have their breasts on my cheek or do they just feel that comfortable with me as a client????

I don't know where you go, but the way the chairs are set up at my counter I'm at eye level with most of my clients lol
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Start documenting everything about her, include time and dates of when any contact happened, the names of coworkers who talked to her, etc. If the situation continues to develop those details will help you get help.

I am, I'm writing down the times & dates of the calls now to see if maybe I can figure out a pattern.

Just a tip, write the details on a blank calendar. We had to do this when our house was broken into repeatedly. We didn't see the pattern when we wrote it out by date, but marking it on my desk calendar showed us clearly. The pattern will pop out to you, if there is one.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    you know she is probably stalking you on here too.......to get info........
  • nyla2120
    Options
    you know she is probably stalking you on here too.......to get info........

I don't think so.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Start documenting everything about her, include time and dates of when any contact happened, the names of coworkers who talked to her, etc. If the situation continues to develop those details will help you get help.

I am, I'm writing down the times & dates of the calls now to see if maybe I can figure out a pattern.

Just a tip, write the details on a blank calendar. We had to do this when our house was broken into repeatedly. We didn't see the pattern when we wrote it out by date, but marking it on my desk calendar showed us clearly. The pattern will pop out to you, if there is one.

I am, I'm saving all the times & dates in my phone.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    buy military grade pepperspray and carry it with you. if she's stupid enough to follow you....that'll fix her problem right quick
  • nyla2120
    Options
    buy military grade pepperspray and carry it with you. if she's stupid enough to follow you....that'll fix her problem right quick

I agree & that's something I should have anyway.