I've lost Rupert, the world's biggest cat!

Options
I was looking through some old bits and pieces at the weekend, including some notes about my weight and measurement and I suddently realised that I have lost 20 lbs in the last 6 months.

To put this in perspective:
In six months, 20lb is equal to almost 12% of my starting bodyweight
It is just over 9kg
It is the weight of an average car tyre
It is the weight of a large load of washing
It is the average weight of a 1 year old child
It is approximately 10 bags of sugar
It is the weight of this enormous cat: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157167/fat-cat-Rupert-weighs-20lb--set-growing.html

I only joined MFP at the end of August and in the six and a half weeks since then, I've lost 9lbs of those 20. Who would have thought that simply being more aware of your calorie intake and your activity could make such a difference?!

This really isn't rocket science, and my lifestyle hasn't changed that much, aside from me adding in more activity if I want to have something naughty so that I stay within my calorie allowance. It's made me wonder why there are so many freaky diets out there when it's not difficult - there's no magic formula to it! Simply be AWARE of what you are putting into your mouth and how much activity you do. Expend more calories than you intake and you WILL lose weight. Quite simple really.

So thank you MFP! I'll be back in that bikini in no time!

Replies

• carlywifeybrown
    carlywifeybrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done, you have done amazingly well! I love your perspective breakdown, it really does help to see it like that. I often think the same as you, why do people do these "fad" diets when it's a very simple equation (eat less, move more!). In the end the fad diets aren't any good as people deny their bodies of essential nutrients and then when they eventually come off and start eating like a normal human being the weight goes back on again! I talk from experience here having done the Atkins some years ago. I think lots of people want to see immediate results and they will get that with the fads, but if they do it as we are doing it, healthily, consistently and sustainably the results will last!

Great work, keep it going!
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!!

you're doing great and the fact that you've not made many changes to your lifestyle means that when you do reach your goal - you won't go back, as you are adapting your eating habits now without missing out.

keep up the great work!!:happy: