I remember why I dont go shopping!

Options
I have only lost 10 pounds since I started this website and granted I could do alot better... my excuse is.. I am tired or have I too much to do then get down on the floor and do soe exercises. Well today I have been reminded just how bad I need to do that!

I went to Target to try and find a pair of shorts or something cool to wear when my family and I go camping this weekend.. I dont know if it is the dressing room mirrors or what BUT OMG ew! Anything I put on shows absolutely everything I hate about my body. I tried on this shirt that is supposed to be more loose fitting and I look like a sack of potatoes! But it hid the problem.. just made me look frumpy and I didnt like it! Now I sit here depressed as hell cause nothing looks good! Shorts... well their another story... I tried on a pair that should have been a size too big atleast and they looked horrible.. its like I just had a think layer of gray skin! Seriously is it just me being too hard on myself or Probably the way I look. Geez this day is not good!

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I used to hate to go clothes shopping too but now that I'm 50+ pounds lighter I love it. Let it motivate you and get moving!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i wish I could say the same thing.. thats all I need to lose.. well 40 more pounds!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Go to another store that works for you....Target mass produces their products and many of their clothes are shapeless...that happens at Kohls for me
  • tesha30
    Options
    You mean Kohl's has shapeless clothes?
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fashion bug has decent clothing. last month, I bought a bunch of shorts and tops and I have only lost 9 Lbs with 90 more to go but these clothes worked for me. you just got to stay motivated and reach out for support. if you lost 10 pounds then you can do this!

Eileen
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    For me, Kohls clothes are shapeless....my friend told me that when discount stores make their clothes...they mass cut them; so, they lose a lot of their shape...

So, just try somewhere else, you may pay a little more...but, you might find something you love
  • tesha30
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the advice! I really appreciate it
  • Peggyreyn
    Options
    HI!

I don't think you're doing badly at all - you've lost 5 lbs a month and I think that's great! You didn't put on your weight in one or two months and it certainly isn't healthy for you to lose it that quickly so be patient and proud of yourself for the weight you've lost so far.

It's really difficult to take those first few steps - it will get easier as time goes on. Just go camping, don't eat any s'mores :wink: and walk and hike a lot.

Have fun!
  • tesha30
    Options
    LOL... I wont eat the smore's... although they will be there for kids! I have stopped eating the sweets and drinking pop.. although I do have a diet dr pepper in the AM just for headaches to not attack me. otherwise I think I eat pretty good. Alot more fresh veggies and fruits with my food and I limit the amount. I dont eat until I am super full.. just until I am not hungry anymore and thankfully I always stay within my calories. The only thing I need to do.. is start doing exercises that will help shed more pounds and tone up a little bit. We do walk alot.. my family and I.. but with it being so darn hot and muggy here in MN... you cant do much outside until real late.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    LOL... I wont eat the smore's... although they will be there for kids! I have stopped eating the sweets and drinking pop.. although I do have a diet dr pepper in the AM just for headaches to not attack me.
    have you considered getting your caffiene from another source? um.. some shakes have a little bit of caffiene in them.. or maybe even just not drink the entire soda. By cutting down on it eventually your body won't need them. some energy drinks.. or if you're into advocare, the spark drinks are tasty and have a little bit of caffiene. just a thought.

and Target sucks on clothes for large people. I can't ever find anything there that looks good and the Walmarts here are so disgusting. Fashion Bug as Eileen said is awesome as well as Dress Barn.