Chalean Extreme

Options
Hey everyone! I do Chalean Extreme 3 days a week. I enter it in as strength. I create every exercise she has us do and the reps and set of weights. Why is it that myfitnesspal is not consider strength training as a exercise or burning? I am literally sore after doing this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nadine

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hey! I do CLX too. I love it! So MFP is a little weird about the way you log strength workouts. The section where you are entering the exercise and number of reps, etc. is just to keep track of what you're doing. MFP doesn't calculate calories burned for that. Instead, in the "Cardio" section, you can enter 35 minutes of "strength training" (or however long the DVD you're doing is) and MFP will calculate a burn for that.

I keep track of the exercise/weights use/reps using a log I printed out and I wear a heart rate monitor while doing the DVD and enter that as my burn. I highly recommend a heart rate monitor! I have the Polar FT4 and it cost me about $60 online with free shipping. It's the #2 best investment I made in my health. #1 is a digital food scale!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey! I do CLX too. I love it! So MFP is a little weird about the way you log strength workouts. The section where you are entering the exercise and number of reps, etc. is just to keep track of what you're doing. MFP doesn't calculate calories burned for that. Instead, in the "Cardio" section, you can enter 35 minutes of "strength training" (or however long the DVD you're doing is) and MFP will calculate a burn for that.

I keep track of the exercise/weights use/reps using a log I printed out and I wear a heart rate monitor while doing the DVD and enter that as my burn. I highly recommend a heart rate monitor! I have the Polar FT4 and it cost me about $60 online with free shipping. It's the #2 best investment I made in my health. #1 is a digital food scale!

Thanks. I burned about 170. However, when enter the did it doesn't come up. Thanks for your help
  • jenmencer
    Options
    I just started the PUSH cycle. I always just log what my HRM says. Have done it for every workout. Seems to work well for me!