Please add me! I need help losing 50+lbs!

Options
My name is Katie, I'm 26 and live in NJ with my husband (Scott) and our two 4 legged children (Boxers). I'm a newlywed, getting ready to celebrate our first anniversary, and I need to cure my 'fat & happy syndrome'. I've got a good 50lbs to lose in order for me to be within my recommended BMI and, most importantly, where I am comfortable and happy with myself.

I'm surrounded by wonderful people in my life, but none of them are struggling with weight the way that I am. I'm turning to this site with hopes of meeting some people that are facing (or have overcome) the same struggles I'm facing. I'm motivated to lose the weight, but I'd love to have some friends on here to lean on for that little extra support that we all sometimes need.

So, good luck to all of you - and please add me as a friend so we can push each other all the way! =)

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!

I just joined the site today as well! I'm looking at losing close to 50 pounds myself, so we're in the same boat! I'll add you as a friend! We can do it! :happy:
  • deanacgroves
    Options
    I will add you as well. I have struggled with my weight most of my life. I am in it to lose about 60 to 70 pounds so I know that you can do it.
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend. I need all the motivation and help I can get. I'm better at motivating others than myself :noway:
  • rocknhair
    Options
    I will add you, too! I'm looking to lose close to 100 lbs, so we can totally support each other!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Welcome! I am also in NJ! This site is great. Lots of support and good ideas. Congrats on your anniversary!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just added you. Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight for my brother's wedding. I am a dog lover myself too. We have 4 dogs (2 doxies & 2 Chihuahuas) I will add you on to my list.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to add you. I am a newly wed with the same "fat and happy" issue. I will be more than happy to be a part of your support network, so we can get through it together.

Chris:flowerforyou:
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a little over a month and absolutely love it. Haven't gotten to know too many people, so I'd love to add you as a friend and we can motivate each other! Already managed to lose 10 pounds with the help of the food and exercise tracker but also perusing the forums...lots of great info!

Welcome!
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I too added you. I am doing great on this site, but seem to have lost some of my motivation lately. I would love to have more friends so we can all support each other.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I want to lose over double that.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    Welcom!!!! I have 46 to go. I started with 68 to lose in May. You will love MFP and be successful here!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request as I have 50++ to lose as well.
  • tinn69
    tinn69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. My name is Geralyn from San Diego and I have just joined up as well. I am trying to lose 40+ lbs. my husband is trying to lose 50. We both have been losing weight slowly for 1.5 years now. He is down 105lbs and I am down 85 ... We have just joined a 1/2 Marathon in Nov. so this is a must for us. We could both use all the support we can get...PLATEAU CITY..:sad:
  • robstella
    Options
    You will do great with this web site. I also have 50 lbs to loose myself. We can do this. I have started to count points again. I have set a goal of 10lbs. Because i do better when i set small goals. We can help each other i want to do this so bad i feel it.
    I will get on my treadmill tonite. so lets do this together
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    added! :) I've even more to lose :L
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    I have 40 to lose...well 37 since i started this site a week ago :smile: I woudl love to add you as a friend!
  • carpicke
    carpicke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new, just today. But, would love to have you as a friend. I know you can do this, just keep the good work.:smile:
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Friend request on its way!!!
  • KatieKlotz
    KatieKlotz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats on your accomplishments!!! Believe it or not, I actually ran a full marathon 6 years ago. What I weighted THEN is my goal weight NOW. =) You can do it! It's mind over matter!!! And don't let that ".1" in the 13.1 fool you! That's the hardest part! LOL