Non-sequential day workouts

Options
I am on an ABC non-sequential day workout plan that I lift on MWF. If I am not able to lift on Friday or Saturday do I do my C workout on Thursday or skip it and start the next week at A again?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    What exercises or muscle groups do you work on A, B, and C? You want to avoid working the same muscles on consecutive days.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    What exercises or muscle groups do you work on A, B, and C? You want to avoid working the same muscles on consecutive days.

A B and C are all the same routine, just using less weight each day so A is 100%, B is 90% and C is 80%. Full body.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    In that case, i would do workout A today, Thursday and Sunday (or Monday, if that's not possible). That will give you 3 days recovery after each heavy workout.

Do you find that you're usually very sore on Wednesdays from Monday's workout?
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    In that case, i would do workout A today, Thursday and Sunday (or Monday, if that's not possible). That will give you 3 days recovery after each heavy workout.

Do you find that you're usually very sore on Wednesdays from Monday's workout?

Not really. I'm a bit sore the day after but not the 2nd day after.