Probiotics

Options
Anybody have any good suggestions for a probiotics?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I take Probiotics due to an extended antibiotic treatment.

I read the minimum amount of bacteria should be 10 billion. I take "Ultimate Flora" I bought at the organic store.

If you do not like taking pills you could try Kefir. Lifeway has some low fat, flavored versions

or plain greek yogurt.

Good luck in your journey
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    homemade ones
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I really like the "pearls". I have ibs and when it flares up they help me feel better. They have several different ones but I normally just get the original. You can also eat yogurt if you like it, it's good for women's health to prevent yeast and urinary tract infections.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi

I take Probiotics due to an extended antibiotic treatment.

I read the minimum amount of bacteria should be 10 billion. I take "Ultimate Flora" I bought at the organic store.

If you do not like taking pills you could try Kefir. Lifeway has some low fat, flavored versions

or plain greek yogurt.

Good luck in your journey

I second Lifeway Kefir. I use this as my base when making my fruit/spinach smoothies.
  • osucristina30
    Options
    Kombucha is really yummy! Also, you can take a supplement, just look for something refrigerated and raw, so that you know it hasn't been processed to pieces. The Whole Foods workers can help you, that's how I found mine but I can't remember the name of it. Right now, I'm getting mine from Green Vibrance greens supplement.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The Garden of Life raw probiotic line is awesome but pricey: They are one of the only companies that cold-ships their product, so if you buy it in a store, you know that it arrived at the proper temperature. They also over-formulate their products to ensure that you are getting *at least* as many live bacterial cells per serving as the label suggests.

PB8 from Nutrition Now is a good value brand. They claim to deliver 14 billion live bacterial cells per serving. Very popular probiotic line at a decent price point.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I take Inner Health Plus (non-diary), it has 25 billion bacteria per dose.
    I recommend it. However, I am not sure whether it is available outside of Australia.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There are some things to keep in mind when choosing a probiotic. They are very knowledgeable at the health food store. You should pick one that is in your budget, can be found locally, and has live cultures. Be careful ordering online because many probiotics must be refrigerated. If they get too warm it kills the cultures. You can't control that when it's being shipped. I also suggest starting with a lower dosage ( mine is equal to 2 yogurts) and see if you get the results you seek.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Qivana has a probiotic that comes as a tiny pill, smaller then a BB. It has 3 layers to deliver the right amount not to only your stomach but large and small Intestine. It is as strong as something prescribed by a doctor, but I think better because of its three layers. Check them out. Pm me if you have trouble or more questions my whole family takes them :)