Water Intake

Options
I used to have a pepsi addiction. I have cut that out. Then I moved on to sweet tea. I have cut that out too. I am doing ok drinking more water, but I don't really like drinking it. I have found some calorie free things that I like to drink, like the zero calorie powerade and sparkling ice drinks. Before I found those, I was not staying properly hydrated and would end up getting really thirsty and drinking something sugary. My question is, can I still log these drinks as water intake just like I was drinking plain water?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Personally, I only log water as water. If I have iced tea (unsweetened), I log it separately (tea has potassium! :tongue: ), and still get an overview of my fluid intake for the day, but only water goes under the water category for me.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ^^ That's what I do. Water is water.. anything else is not water.
  • rypstorm
    rypstorm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log anything liquid as water - even the almond milk that I put in my smoothie, or the water i use for my soup. However, if it is a caffeinated beverage (for me, black tea - I don't do sodas anymore), I give it a half value, i.e. one cup of black tea = 1/2 a cup of water to account for the diuretic effects of caffeine. All that other sparkling sugar free stuff that you drink can be counted as water. You're body will still see it as water, even though it is flavored. As far as the potassium and other electrolytes, well, that's what the kidney is for.