What to wear at a wedding?

Options
2»

Replies

• mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    Khaki's and a nice long, sleeve shirt w/tie.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

He's going to a wedding...not a high school homecoming dance.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options

He's going to a wedding...not a high school homecoming dance.

:laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    medium blue button dress shirt, with charcoal/dark gray or black dress dress pants. MINIMUM.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do DO NOT wear a wedding dress! Apparently that is frowned upon and only to be worn by the bride.

As if I was supposed to know that or something. Sheesh.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else (well except for the one with those really disturbing pictures of whateverinthellthatwas). Suit & tie, or sports coat, slacks and tie. Especially at a country club affair you can never be out of place.

I get to attend a wedding on Saturday. My personal trainer's wedding (my friends here know how much I am looking forward to it - one of the biggest days for me to see him happy and married). So I went closet diving. And found an old suit that I bought over 30 years ago that fits perfectly now (now that I've lost all the weight). It's a classic grey pinstripe so it doesn't go out of style. And I get the ego boost of wearing something that is almost as old as my trainer (and older than the bride) -- something I could never have dreamed I'd be able to wear even 6 months ago. Maybe you have a classic suit buried in the closet but you can't wear it now because it was when you were thinner (I know mine was). Maybe use it as motivation to push you on weight loss/fitness to get into by the wedding next year.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Wear a suit.. match the tie and handkerchief to the wedding colors for bonus points..

/thread...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Wear a suit.. match the tie and handkerchief to the wedding colors for bonus points..

/thread...

you cant /thread yourself lol
  • workoutjunky1
    workoutjunky1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sweatpants
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Overalls are always pretty classy.
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member