feeling the strain

Options
hi, i'm new to this site. my names lucie, i'm 25 and have 2 small children under 5. i have been following the recommened calorie intake advised to me for a week now. i'm now starting to feel the stain just like i have with every other diet i've been on. i'm the sort of person that if i don't see results straight away i get disheartened. mt diet is so bland i feel like i have too eat like this to keep within my daily limit of only 1200 calories. to be honest i do only need to lose 3/4 stone but i'm finding that this is harder than losing alot more weight. i lost over 5 stone after each pregnancy as i was eating for 22 not 2, i just went made. although its alot easier to lose weight when your feeding a baby. i need some friends and encourgement, can anyone help please!

Replies

• ltlc568
    Options
    hi, i'm new to this site. my names lucie, i'm 25 and have 2 small children under 5. i have been following the recommened calorie intake advised to me for a week now. i'm now starting to feel the stain just like i have with every other diet i've been on. i'm the sort of person that if i don't see results straight away i get disheartened. mt diet is so bland i feel like i have too eat like this to keep within my daily limit of only 1200 calories. to be honest i do only need to lose 3/4 stone but i'm finding that this is harder than losing alot more weight. i lost over 5 stone after each pregnancy as i was eating for 22 not 2, i just went made. although its alot easier to lose weight when your feeding a baby. i need some friends and encourgement, can anyone help please!
  • lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have 2 small children and a full time job and it can be very hard not to give in to temptation. Keep with it. What I find helps me is if I am craving something I eat it. I eat just one serving then I increase my workout so I can burn off those extra calories. After doing that a few times I found that those cookies or ice cream didnt seem worth the extra time on the treadmill and now my cravings a very few.
    Dont get discouraged :)

Good luck to you
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello ltlc568

Wow you said a mouthful (no pun intended) I know exactly what your saying. Staying postive about our new eating life style is very difficult. My wife is also someone who needs to see results. It took a month before anything happened. I assured her not to worry were on the right path. It didn't help that I was losing from the start. After one month my wife started dropping the pounds. My point is every ones body reacts differently. Be patient stick to your diet for at least a month without major cheats. And you will see results. You can do this anyone who can bare two kids has the strength and will to conquer any diet. Good luck can't wait to hear your progress.
  • melissac
    melissac Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi i have three kids 1 who is 6 1 who is 15mnths and 1 who is 2mnths.
    Your diet does not have to be boring at all to stay within 1200 for example my menue today was:

Am- 1 cup shreddies with skim milk 1tsp sugar
    lunch- ham sandwich reg bread mayo mustard
    1 halloween size areo bar they only have 40 calorise

snack- 5 pieces of extra lean turkey kabossa ,half cup of cataloupe

dinner small baked potatoe with butter Low fat and reg sour cream
    1 small medallion pork tenderloin broiled
    half cup of brocolli with melted cheese

I did my excersie today wich gave me an extra 360 calorise but i still logged in with almost 500 calorise to spare for the day. and i just finished dinner and i stuffed.

Remember all food is good for you as long as you have it in moderation. DON'T give up your doing great