Looking for Health!

Options
Hello all!

I'm excited as ever to be a part of this community and to be strict on entering my food diary. I have a similar story to many women my age (27) that our metabolisms just aren't what they used to be. I'm slowing getting back to a healthy lifestyle thanks to an amazing guy in my life. I never realized how tough it is to lose weight/become healthy! I've been going back and forth for about 6 months now and am finally done. I WILL DO THSI! :smile:

I encourage friendships/support from other women in my similar situation.

Thank you!

Ashley

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!

I want to see you WIN!!!!
  • megdinga
    megdinga Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar position to you - I'm 28 and finally meeting the right person and marrying them really created the safe foundation for me to begin my weight loss journey. I added you as a friend!
    x
  • JRo4604
    JRo4604 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am very similar - it's hard to be strict about entering things and I can always use more encouragement! Sending a friend request :)
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you are right ... you CAN do this !!! With the right attitude, patience, an open mind, patience, self discipline, patience, hard work, and the support of the awesome people here you will succeed. Did i mention patience??? It wont happen overnight but every good choice you make will get you a little further on your journey!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you;d like. I'm always happy to help.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    also patience
  • osucristina30
    Options
    I'm sorry, are you reading my mind?! Haha! People get tired of me complaining that I'm "getting old" when I'm only 27, but the point is, I'm NOT 22 anymore. At 22 I could lose weight or at least maintain by running 3 miles a week, eating frozen pizzas and drinking beer. I moved to TX almost 2 years ago and that's when I put on about 20 lbs. I don't really know anyone and don't have a workout buddy (I do best with the buddy system) so it's been tough. Plus, I had a really stressful job and I'm a stress eater. I've changed jobs (whew) and now I'm trying to branch out, but it's still touch to have motivation when all you really want is ::poof:: a bikini.

I've tried all kinds of fad diets (I mean, healthy lifestyles, if you're one of those people that adopts the fad diet) from vegetarian to vegan to raw to paleo and was so unhappy. They are all so restrictive that you end up on a burger binge. I recently decided to stop, enjoy life, enjoy good food and good company. I'm a huge foodie and I love trying local restaurants so I can't just kick something out of my diet. This is only day 2 of my journey, but so far, I'm already in a better place.

Can't wait to keep reading your updates!
  • AshNichole224
    Options
    I've tried all kinds of fad diets (I mean, healthy lifestyles, if you're one of those people that adopts the fad diet) from vegetarian to vegan to raw to paleo and was so unhappy. They are all so restrictive that you end up on a burger binge. I recently decided to stop, enjoy life, enjoy good food and good company. I'm a huge foodie and I love trying local restaurants so I can't just kick something out of my diet. This is only day 2 of my journey, but so far, I'm already in a better place.

I know exactly what you mean! You must be reading my mind. I've tried paleo, raw, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, anything you can think of! It's so hard to keep this yo-yo up. I want a lifestyle change! I don't really have a work out buddy either since my boyfriend is into lifting into his friends. My biggest struggle is sweets...it's so hard not to want some and even today on my first day I struggled :-(