loosing a day of gym, so do I cut my calories?

Options
hey! I was doing gym 3 days a week, trying to gain muscle mass. I am currently on a compound lift programme doing 3 sets of 10 of squats, bench press, lat pulldown, rows and military press. I repeat this routine 3 times a week.

I also currently work cleaning 10hrs a week, plus another 5-10 or so depending on how much work there is. I then volunteer working with children at a nursery 12hrs a week. I am currently eating 1800 calories a day. I weigh 6st 11lb, and have around 130g protein, 180g carbs and 40g fat a day. Is this too much now that I will only be gyming twice a week? I have been eating this way for about 6-8 weeks and started at a weight of 6st 6lb so obviously putting on weight like planned, however don't want to be eating more than needed and ending up with too much fat!

Hope this all makes sense! sorry its a bit all over the place, just looking to see if I can continue eating this way with the amount of exercise I do or if I need to cut down on certain days maybe? I will be weight training on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Replies

• samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    You dont burn that many calories lifting... 2-300 or so if that. I wouldnt worry too much about your calorie intake. If you start noticing the body comp isnt what you want, adjust then. For now I would just stay the course.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    You grow on off days, EAT!!
  • bc92487
    bc92487 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You grow on off days, EAT!!

I agree, EAT!! My brother lifts and sometimes he can't on certain days but he never changes his diet... He is a bottomless pit!!
  • Evanftw
    Options
    Mainly diet!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Eat as normal. Your body doesn't grow based on 24 hour cycles. it needs continued caloric surplus to ensure that takes place.
  • jenmarqueiro
    jenmarqueiro Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thanks all! just thought considering me height of 4ft 11 I may pack on too much too fast . .