Made the switch to MFP from WW

Options
2»

Replies

• myrasanders50
    Options
    I had a family reunion this past Sunday. I knew I was going and I knew I would eat good food including a tiny slice of the chocolate pie I made and took. So I planned my day around this reunion. While cooking, I had a low carb protein shake for breakfast with my coffee. I should have had fruit mid morning. That was my mistake. Then at lunch I had about 3 ounces pulled pork, 2 ounces bbq chicken, green beans, about 1/2 serving home grown corn and tomato slices. and my pie. I stayed within my carb and calorie limit very well. I had fats and carbs left over at the end of the day. Protein I went over on a little. One thing is RECORD EVERYTHING! Be honest. Dont beat yourself up over things. Good luck!
  • myrasanders50
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work!
  • mrsoski
    mrsoski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too made the switch from WW to MFP. At WW I lost and have successfully kept off 35 pounds, but when I started eating fewer points per day realized I wasn't eating enough to support my workouts, causing me to be veryy cranky. On MFP I am eating 1950 calories per day plus eating some calories back depending on the workout and even so have lost an average of half a pound a week. I'm not hungry or cranky! I do recommend you read helloitsdan's sticky on setting your calorie goal. Feel free to add me as a friend and let me know if I can help!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did for myself was leaving WW.

I had a wake up call when I was sitting in a meeting that I paid $9.00 to attend and they were talking about the cookies and browines and treats that they had found for only 3 points...my thought was wait, shouldn't we be talking about awesome recipies that we have compiled that are healthy...not ways to cheat!

I stopped paying to lose weight that day and have been successful with the help of MFP and you fine folks!
  • denisew424
    denisew424 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also switched from WW to MFP and have been very happy. I continued to lose and gain the same weight and got depressed paying each week for no scale movement. MFP is great and helps with accountability.
  • mkop84
    mkop84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I started my journey this past January (2013) with that "other" weightloss place, WW. I had success, I am down 50 lbs! However, their customer service, was horrible, and the phone apps never worked properly...so I couldn't keep giving them my hard earned money. It was a hard decision because I was having success for the first time in this weigthloss thing. I was 290 lbs when I started, and I am down to 240 now.

Last week I made the switch to MFP on recommendations from my gym manager. Yes, I joined a gym and everything this time around! Anyway, looking for any extra motivation and support from those of you who have been using MFP for a while now. Maybe even some tips and tricks to help make it even easier! Looking forward to exploring this program, and getting to know some of you!

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda:

I switched from WW to MFP as well back in June. I love MFP, I do miss the forums of WW though just because I met some awesome people on there, but otherwise I lvoe MFP, met some awesome people on here as well. I'm sure you'll love MFP. Great support system on here and awesome results!

Monika
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have done ww in the past but mfp has been the best thing I have ever experienced. As long as you are honest with your logging and follow the plan that works for you you will find success !!!
  • nana5916
    nana5916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started this plan and find it works well,. I have lost 7 pounds since I started two weeks ago. I was also a member with ww but found it too expensive. I hope I can keep motivated with this program. Did start back in August but didn't follow through on it. Hopefully this time I can.
This discussion has been closed.