After a weekend of indulgence...

Options
When you feel gross after a weekend of indulgence, what do you do? I'm not freaking out about calories or anything, I'm super close to maintenance and didn't have much to lose in the first place. But I feel GROSS. I think it's partly that I ate a HUGE amount of carbs as compared to normal (way too many free bagels and pastries in my face all weekend!) and then partly just overeating and not sleeping enough. I did run about two miles each day of the weekend, but that just was to alleviate some of the gross feelings. I wanted to exercise today but I'm exhausted and sitting down for the next 3 hours sounds way better haha.

I'm trying to eat more protein and fruits/veggies and drink more water today and tomorrow (or until I feel better) and also keep my carbs/calories under budget by 100-200 calories.

Any other tips? Or what do you do when your body feels gross after overindulgence? If it matters, it's not like digestion issues, just a heavy sluggish uncomfortable feeling.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    On top of the things you're already doing (water, protein, etc) I definitely try to keep as active as possible, and that doesn't necessarily mean exercise, just staying busy. Going shopping, going for a walk, working on a household project. It can be easy to just slump around when you feel gross, and that makes it all the more important to get up and go.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hit a PR.

FistPump.jpg
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yup water and get active. That's usually what I do plus eat a lot of greens and fruits. Helps to get rid of the bloated I feel terrible feeling usually in a day or so. You're body is just trying to readjust. Keep at what you are doing.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Exercise. It'll pass. I hate that feeling, too :(
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do exercise, eat green veggies, fruits, drink lots of water.
    You are doing well.