Success stories with 30 Day shred!!??? ANYONE?

Options
Today will be day 12 of the 30 day shred and am hoping to hear some success stories. Before and after stats would be great!! I want to stay motivated and reading successful results will really help me!!

Replies

• charboov
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
    Thanks!
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    During the time I was on the 30 Day Shred, I was also walking a lot, plus adding in some running-so the 30DS wasn't the only exercise I was doing. I was also watching my food intake, eating back at least half of my exercise calories. I completed the 30DS in the space of about 40-42 days, so I did take days off--I would Shred for 4 to 5 days straight, and then take a day or two off or just doing something else.

By workout 12, I had lost 5.75 inches around my waist, arms, thighs, and hips, but I hadn't lost any weight yet (plateaus are a pretty regular occurrence for me). By the last workout, I had lost an additional .75 inches from my waist, and had lost 3 pounds. So, I did get results. Different people get different physical results--but the best result for me, by far, was the way the 30DS got me into working out harder, and more regularly. That was priceless.

I still do the 30DS on occasion (the last few times I've done two levels in one day, which is INSANE). I have another Jillian Michaels DVD that I use a couple of times a week as well. Walking and jogging round out my exercise routines. I've lost another 4 lbs, and I can see the changes in my body, even though I don't think I've lost any inches for several weeks. BUT...here are a few things I have noticed: my back, upper and lower, looks amazing. It didn't before, and now my little "wings" around my shoulder blades are gone, my love handles are almost nonexistent, and I have so much more definition in my abs. My arms are still big, and so are my thighs, but the skin looks much tighter. I see more definition in my shoulders. My face looks nicer. My little double-chin is gone.

So--different people are going to have different results. I still love the DVD, so I still use it. It's a fantastic workout. My body didn't change drastically during the initial 30DS, but I saw and felt enough changes to make me so much more confident in my body, strength, endurance, etc. I know I can get the results I want, but as Jillian says, "they don't come for free".

Good for you for doing the 30DS! It's a fantastic tool, and will definitely help you to reach your goals.
  • JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    I also walk about 4 miles a day! I havent noticed a change in my weight but am definitely toning up!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I posted mine with pics on another thread a little while back.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108135-jillian-michaels-proof

Hope this helps motivate you!

LaughingDani:laugh:
  • Kristinplus2
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred a week ago. I took two days off so today was day 6 for me. I weight in and lost 2.9 lbs! I have also lost an inch. I just do the shred and cut my food intake WAY down since I was snacking a lot before. Hoping to see more results. The hubby and I are going to get a elliptical, bike and home gym tomorrow * Loving Craigslist* So im hoping to get more work outs in! Good luck!
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    30DS, walking and making healthier eating choices has been my routine for the past, almost 3 weeks. I have lost over 16 pounds. Started at 223 and weighed in at 206.8 last Wednesday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!