Homemade ice cream sandwiches ~ 78 cals!

Options
LoriT129
LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
I think I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers website but can't remember! At any rate, it may be posted here already but decided to post again in case anyone else wants to try it. I have listed it in the database as: Homemade ice cream sandwiches

1 sheet Honey Maid Low Fat Graham Crackers
1 TBLSP Cool Whip Free

Break the graham cracker sheet in half and top one side with cool whip. Put the other half on top and smush gently! (is that a word?)
Wrap the sandwich in Saran Wrap and place in freezer until the cool whip is frozen. Eat! Enjoy!

78 - cals
16 - carbs
1 - fat
1 - protein
0 - chol
1 - fiber

If you search for it on the database and see water listed, it is because I had to have 3 ingredients listed before MFP would save it to the database. Drink the water! It isn't part of the recipe!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE making these with Chocolate graham crackers. If you leave them in the freezer for a few days, the graham cracker even gets a little soft like a regular ice cream sandwich. Mmmmmmmmmmm. :D
  • LoriT129
    Options
    It really is versatile. There are cinnamon graham crackers too. I haven't tried that yet but think I might! Love them with the chocolate graham crackers as well! Sooooo goooood!
  • LoriT129
    Options
    Is there chocolate cool whip?? If there is, that would be good too!
  • antiadipose
    Options
    yummmmm!
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try these. Now the secret will be keeping my kids from eating them, lol.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

Not sure if there's chocolate cool whip, but you can just take a package of sugar free and fat free chocolate pudding mix and add it to the cool whip. That's how I made "mousse." :)
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    Yay! Gonna make some and save em in the freezer for those "sweet tooth" days!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!! I'm headed to Schnucks now to buy some of each :) Thanks so much!! <3
  • fitgirl232
    Options

Im sure you could add some cocoa powder into the cool whip. I dont think it has many calories if you use just a little. Or maybe a tsp of sugar free strawberry jam. Yum!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    There is a recipe from Hungy Girl that is altered a little and of course more calories. She adds mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips and mixes them w/ the cool ship before adding to the graham crackers! YUMMY!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    BUMP
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife loves ice cream sandwiches, but doesn't care for chocolate. I have a feeling that i'll be making a lot of these.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    $3.45 at Schnucks bought me a Schnucks Low fat honey graham cracker box and Schnucks whipped cream lite :) Just made a bunch to last me a good week or better, however, once the hubby gets a hold of them, I'll need to buy some more crackers!! Thanks again!
  • LoriT129
    Options
    Hmmm...the chocolate mousse or the mini chocolate chips??? Which shall I try first! Bru...do like I do and hide a few behind the fish (or whatever) my kiddo's never look there! :)
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Lori!

There is special place in Heaven for MFP friends like you! I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE YOU! :heart:
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do love these (I’ve been doing it for awhile) my fav is using cinnamon crackers
  • LoriT129
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE YOOOOOUUUUU TOOOOO! :heart: Hmmmm...I wonder how that Chocolate PB freezes! :bigsmile:
  • LoriT129
    Options
    Icouterm....I'm going to have to try the cinnamon. It sounds wonderful!