Your Favorite Places to Jog (or Walk) in NYC?

Hi Guys,

Since I'm currently recovering from a lower back injury, my exercise is currently limited to walking. That being said...I plan to do a LOT of it!

So my question to all my fellow NYC MFP'ers is...where is your favorite spot or neighborhood to jog/walk? It can be a major park, a neighborhood, whatever! I'm even open to spots in the boroughs (Queens or Brooklyn) since I live in midtown East and can easily get anywhere.

Basically, I'm looking to keep myself from getting bored of only walking and that clearly won't happen if I walk on the treadmill at my gym.

Thanks in advance for the input!
Marci

Replies

• RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    I work down in Battery Park City so I'm partial to that area, plus the path along the West Side Highway up to around 14th St or so. I also like East Village/LES/Chinatown for more random urban strolling (ie, walking around and checking out the shops, etc.).
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    When I lived downtown, I used to do my jogging along the East River. I loved running along the water with the ocean breezes coming in. The runners in the East River Park are a nice low-key group and I enjoyed passing the soccer players and such. There is a also a really nice running track and a cool bandstand where I did stair drills. From midtown east, you'd need to get below 34th street for access to the downtown paths/Parks along the East River.

Now I live in South Harlem and jog in Central Park. I must admit, I can't stand most of the people who run in Central Park. So many obnoxious inconsiderate tools. I'm thinking of switching to Riverside Park.. Does anyone run there?