Bad Personality (Anti-Social)

Options
Im extremely anti-social because I feel like I will say something rude to people and it will make them hate me. And I don't know why but should I always think before what I say to people to stop it or what? I cant have a smooth conversation without any pauses because I will have something rude to say.

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the best social people are the ones who just smile and listen. If you have good intentions people will work with, people are funny like that.
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can talk to me. I really don't care what other's may say. I know it's just an opinion and I would rather have people I talk to just be straight up. :) Most of my friends sound like you. Hahha. I like it.
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    Don't live life worrying what people might think of you. If they don't like you, fine. If they like you, fine. Life is too short to be worrying about these things! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ll5iu47xoQ1qc08ab.gif
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How about you start noticing some good in people for a change?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

How perfect that I would see these two posts together. :laugh:

OP, try to figure out why you're rude to ppl. What do you consider rude? Are you referring to calling ppl out when they say something stupid? If that's the case, I just shrug and say something neutral, like, "Hmm/reallllly." I think that they have the sense to figure out that I have very little interest in what they're saying or think that they're idiots. Either way, it gets them to end the conversation and I don't have to look like the bad one. But, yes, you should definitely think before you communicate. Everyone should.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im extremely anti-social because I feel like I will say something rude to people and it will make them hate me. And I don't know why but should I always think before what I say to people to stop it or what? I cant have a smooth conversation without any pauses because I will have something rude to say.

^ almost a word for word quote from that seventies show lolol
  • tweetle1
    tweetle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think straight talking people are perfect, why sugar coat things or blow smoke up people's arses just so you don't offend. I appreciate being told how it is and prefer it too. I like genuine honest people.
    My fav saying is " I don't play nice with others " or "I know what I like and like what I know"
  • tabata_king
    Options
    *vomits*
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Who cares. Be yourself. Be blunt, if that's you.
    Find people with similar qualities and chillax.
  • DammitErika
    DammitErika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    teamAmelia wrote: »

How perfect that I would see these two posts together. :laugh:

OP, try to figure out why you're rude to ppl. What do you consider rude? Are you referring to calling ppl out when they say something stupid? If that's the case, I just shrug and say something neutral, like, "Hmm/reallllly." I think that they have the sense to figure out that I have very little interest in what they're saying or think that they're idiots. Either way, it gets them to end the conversation and I don't have to look like the bad one. But, yes, you should definitely think before you communicate. Everyone should.

That would imply it was intentional. It doesn't sound like it is.
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting his post, but it sounds like he's struggling with filtering himself among other people. I'm sure a lot of people find me to be rude/obnoxious, but I don't make a conscious decision to offend people. I lack a filter and (for the most part) speak pretty freely, which comes off as brash to those who aren't familiar with my mannerisms/overall demeanor. I don't insult people, but I often say things that some people may find offensive. Especially nowadays, when people are walking on eggshells with one another.

• DammitErika
    DammitErika Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyway, OP.
    Unless you're actively going out of your way to be a dick to someone, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Find people you're more socially compatible with; it'll save you a lot of headache in the future.