Help

Options
Help...
I have 7-10lbs to lose to make me 126 which is where I am happy and my
Clothes fit. I tried eating clean and training etc and was
Pretty happy until I went to see The Mouse
In Florida and have just piled on that weight in the space of 3 weeks. Now i dont know what to do. I have no energy for workouts. I used to be all pow pow pow for 90 minutes and I adore my classes - CX, bodyjam, bokwa etc...but now it gets to 3pm and im ready for bed. I cant work out how to work mfp. Im scared to eat more. Help. Just help.

Ps my diary is open

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Get back to it.. only you can make yourself go to these classes... the longer you wait the harder its going to be.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is 1660, most days you're only eating around 1200 cals. Try meeting your calorie goal and you may find you have more energy for those work outs.

Arg edited for rubbish iPad typing.
  • Whissy
    Whissy Posts: 40
    Options
    I just put it at 1660 playing around with numbers...i have no idea what im doing
  • Whissy
    Options
    I just put it at 1660 playing around with numbers...i have no idea what im doing

....although by your comment maybe thats the right
    Direction...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Go in and set your account to lose .5 or 1 lb a week. Set your job activity. Eat the calorie goal it gives you. If you exercise, log it, and eat back a portion of those calories. Just get set up accurately, track your food and exercise, and use a kitchen scale so you know exactly how much you're eating.
  • Whissy
    Options
    Am I being too impatient? I have 9lbs maximum to lose and I want it gone :'(
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Healthy weight loss is slow weight loss. Be patient and follow the above advice tis good advice
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Pick the 'lose weight TDEE-15%' setting, and eat that every day. Make sure you weigh your food and log it properly though.
  • kbambace
    kbambace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat....except i have to lose 10, it really does make a big difference...to me those last pounds are the hardest to lose. I am still not my pre-pregnancy size and my daughter is 16 months already....i'm getting determined to get back though.
    Good luck to u!!!
  • Whissy
    Options

Pick the 'lose weight TDEE-15%' setting, and eat that every day. Make sure you weigh your food and log it properly though.

Do i track exercise calories or leave the exercise cals at zero and just work at getting the food to that number?
  • Whissy
    Options
    According to scooby i need to eat 1700 cals a day and exercise moderately 3-5 hours a week to lose 45lbs a year...is that really how it works??? Where am I gonna get 400 cals a day aaaaaaa
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

Do i track exercise calories or leave the exercise cals at zero and just work at getting the food to that number?

If you use the TDEE method, you include your exercise in the calculation and then do not log and eat back the calories. However, since it sounds like you aren't currently working out and want to start again, I would second the recommendation to go into your fitness profile, set current weight and activity level, select "lose .5 lb" Or "lose 1 lb" per week, then eat the calories it gives you. That way, when you do start working out, you can log it and eat back just those calories without worrying about accidentally overrating or under eating because your actual workouts didn't match what you put in the calculator.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    With 9 lbs to lose your goal should really be .5 lbs a week or TDEE-10% I'd think. If you use the TDEE method you figure your exercise in and DON'T eat them back. Some of my friends list track their exercise but input 1 calorie instead of whatever the normal amount is. That way they track their activity, but don't throw off the calorie goal numbers.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When you get to those last few pounds it takes longer to get rid of them...... at least it seems than when you have a lot to lose.

I lost a lot the first two weeks. But I had a lot more to lose than you do.

Realistically, when I got down to the last 10 pounds I adjusted my goal to lose .5lb a week. More because I didn't want a huge jump in calories when I went to "Maintain" to cause me to gain weight.
  • Whissy
    Options

If you use the TDEE method, you include your exercise in the calculation and then do not log and eat back the calories. However, since it sounds like you aren't currently working out and want to start again, I would second the recommendation to go into your fitness profile, set current weight and activity level, select "lose .5 lb" Or "lose 1 lb" per week, then eat the calories it gives you. That way, when you do start working out, you can log it and eat back just those calories without worrying about accidentally overrating or under eating because your actual workouts didn't match what you put in the calculator.

Thanks, ive changed it to .5 and its jumped it from 1200 to 1440 - however... .5 a WEEK?! Thats not much :(
  • Whissy
    Options

Thanks, ive changed it to .5 and its jumped it from 1200 to 1440 - however... .5 a WEEK?! Thats not much :(

Also, sorry, if i am adding exercise calories do i then eat back? E'g changing the numbers means i have 150ish left today
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you should be aiming for 0.5lbs per week... you want to get rid of fat while keeping LBM
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    According to scooby i need to eat 1700 cals a day and exercise moderately 3-5 hours a week to lose 45lbs a year...is that really how it works??? Where am I gonna get 400 cals a day aaaaaaa

Try whey protein shakes with milk. One in the morning and one after your workout would put your over 400 calories easily.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Also by the looks of your photo and your profile - you are NOT a big fat mess. It seems you might have some body image issues going on. You look great hun. Are you sure you want to lose 10 more pounds? If you're worried about being "flabby" as you say, you'll want to start weight training with heavy weights.
  • Whissy
    Options
    Also by the looks of your photo and your profile - you are NOT a big fat mess. It seems you might have some body image issues going on. You look great hun. Are you sure you want to lose 10 more pounds? If you're worried about being "flabby" as you say, you'll want to start weight training with heavy weights.

I would say that yes I went into recovery for an eating disorder a year ago so i get overwhelmed by all of this :( i would be happier if i lost what i have gained through a love of cake and 'candy'