Deadlift Socks

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LOL that's pretty much what I wore- minus the socks for my lifting comp back in May with ze nerds on an actual meet up... the competition is a virtual comp... but we had a real meet up if you could make it- in September I couldn't go anywhere- but in to honor the spirit of the competition- I lfited like that. thank god it was a Sunday and there were 5 people in the gym... I mean I would have done it on monday meathead night anyway- but it was certainly way more entertaining on a sunday with the regulars. LOL

ridiculous and silly are pretty much my middle names. LMAO. I have no shame.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    *kitten*... Superman never looked better...

and can't take lifting (or life) too seriously. It has to be fun once in a while!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    fun all the time- I just can't run around like that all the time. But inside.. under my disguise- I'm ready to go!!!!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Did you have a pump? Nice guns...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Damn Jo, that should be your profile pic. :)

I have a lot of marks and scars on my shins from deadlifting. I deadlifted sumo for quite a while and that was the main culprit there. I don't bump my shins now with conventional too often but I do on occasion and it bleeds but whatever.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Holy guns woman!! Nice!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Did you have a pump? Nice guns...

not really.max big three lifts only that day- and I dead lifted last- I take my 'I lift heavy' thing kind of seriously LMAO.
    Damn Jo, that should be your profile pic. :)

I have a lot of marks and scars on my shins from deadlifting. I deadlifted sumo for quite a while and that was the main culprit there. I don't bump my shins now with conventional too often but I do on occasion and it bleeds but whatever.

LOL thanks- I'll change it up at some point- i think it might be too big and you'd lose the fabulousness of it in an avatar.

I mostly catch the top of my knees on the way down- haven't had to many issues on the way up- But I feel like my average proportions (although I'm tall- my legs nor my arms are in the extreme length department) help me stay under myself and don't do too much shin wacking... i hear taller people have that problem quiet a bit!
    Holy guns woman!! Nice!!
    shcanks! and crazy thing- I do bicep isolation lifts maybe once a month- I'm a pretty consistent compound lifter ;)
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    Well I'm always looking for benchmarks when I'm talking to women about working out. Do you know the circumference at your biceps?

How long have you been training and how much can you curl?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    So when I'm doing heavy deads, sometimes I knick my shins and it gets bloody. Then.. it takes forever to heal and I already have track marks on my shins from a life of roller hockey and all manner of athletic endevours.

So, any recommendations on good deadlifting socks?
    AWWWWWWWWWW man I have the same problem too. I have battlewounds now lol.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    http://www.roguefitness.com/rocktape-shin-skins-black.php

These are what I wear. They are lightly padded in the front and are glorious. I forgot them once and had three gaping wounds in my shins from it - never again. They still haven't healed and it was a month ago.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this- it says you can use them for soccer too- and I hate the way trad soccer socks feel, so these would be awesomely multi-functional!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Well I'm always looking for benchmarks when I'm talking to women about working out. Do you know the circumference at your biceps?

How long have you been training and how much can you curl?

I don't curl really.. last time I did i was doing reps of 60... I've done 75 before... but I can only get out 3 or 4 reps- purely out of stubborn pride. (mostly because I have a few friends who whole body curl.. so I'll be a **** and come pick the bar up and straight curl with no rocking) No I lied- the last time I curled - we did body weight curls on the TRX LMAO- but before that- it was 60- I think. I just don't curl really. maybe... MAYBE once a month? I do a fair bit of compound and power lifting and then a lot of plyo/calthesteics.

Um- Unflexed- is 12"ish
    Flexed is looking like 13.5ish
    my little headphone against an 8 x 11 piece of paper measurement (highly technical I know) is usually pretty accurate given the resources- I don't have a tape here.

I've been working out for forever. Like since I was single digits in age. Daddy is a Marine and I grew up on a ranch- I tossed hay-sledge hammer- moved tires... moved horses- you know all the cross fit stuff without the label- and served a purpose. I went to a military school- I don't remember a time when i couldn't do at least 2-3 pull ups raw (like even when I was massively depressed and wasn't working out AT ALL). shrug- I had a good base to work from when i started getting super serious about diet stuff- a year ago. I stopped lfiting for a long time- like 3-4 years- I was doing very HIIT based lifting stuff- I'm a dancer- so dance training- and spending time doing that is important- I started lifting again about a year ago. it means I'm usually working out for about 3 hours a day. :/ kind of sucks- but both are important to me- so I make time for both.

and no.

Unless I'm cutting- I don't do cardio. And no my dance isn't really cardio.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Scars, Blood, and Bruises are a MANDATORY part of Deadlifting!!

I Just wear plain old footy socks...
  • JNick77
    Options
    Scars, Blood, and Bruises are a MANDATORY part of Deadlifting!!

I Just wear plain old footy socks...

I agree. People look at you differently when you're walking around the gym with blood dripping down your leg. I've broken blood vessels in my nose in the middle of a squat rep too and finished my set with blood dripping down my face. **** happens...
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    I'm a pale white kid, having scars up and down my legs when it's avoidable is kinda stupid... not to mention it's pretty nasty when the blood gets on the bar.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I'm a pale white kid, having scars up and down my legs when it's avoidable is kinda stupid... not to mention it's pretty nasty when the blood gets on the bar.

pale and white here too.. never bothered me.

although- yeah- blood everywhere- not my thing- I work at a big gym- sanitation is an issue.
  • JNick77
    Options

You do know that when you conventional DL that you don't start with the bar up against your shins right? Starting on your shins is for sumo pulling.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    I know everything about everything. Silly question.

Yes.

Also, seriously, why the debate over socks v. no socks guys? It's not even a real injury lol, no more than knicking yourself with a razor while shaving.
  • JNick77
    Options
    I know everything about everything. Silly question.

Yes.

Also, seriously, why the debate over socks v. no socks guys? It's not even a real injury lol, no more than knicking yourself with a razor while shaving.

Not really. I'm trying to figure out why people are tearing up their **** if they're not sumo pulling. I admit, I still hit them every once and a while but that's kind of a reminder to watch what the **** I'm doing. LOL! Not having to deal with hex plates helps too.

But let's get back to the real topic here and I believe that is how hot Jo's is. :D
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I was going to say- I feel like this requires more pictures of women....

any time an argument breaks out- boobies- or butts are kind of a prerequisite to solve the problem!!! moar deadlifts in socks. I'll find moar pictures when I get home- limited here. I don't wear booty shorts to dead lift- but I'm sure there are pictures somewhere ;)