Strength Routine at home - need help

Options
I started strength training at home last week and have been following a short routine I got out of a magazine. I want to be able to change it up and design my own routines for better results. I lifted for 2 years in 2009 and 2010 but I had a trainer who designed the routines for me...now I feel lost.

I have some equipment....dumbbells at home, 5, 10, 15 and 25 lbs and an 8 pound weight ball and an exercise ball.

I'm just looking for the biggest bang for my buck when it comes to strength training at home. If I could get to a gym I'd be lifting heavy...squats, dead lifts, bench press etc.

Any ideas? Has anyone had much luck strength training at home without much equipment?

Thanks,

Replies

• zeppelinkd
    zeppelinkd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You could do squats and deadlifts with the dumbbells. You could also do shoulder press, chest press, lunges, dumbbell snatch, weighted sit ups, and horizontal woodchop all with dumbbells.

You'll likely out grow your 25lb dumbbells with squats and deadlifts after a bit of time. But, you can make use of them until that point.