Q. Why are nurses so irritable?

Options
stumblinthrulife
stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
A. Probably because everyone keeps asking why they smoke, are obese, don't exercise, etc.....

Replies

• hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think I love you :bigsmile:
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question ....

nurse-uniform-lingerie.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    amen..pick on my poor nurses
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    A. Probably because everyone keeps asking why they smoke, are obese, don't exercise, etc.....

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    It can't be cause they don't eat enough. Apparently they are all obese.
  • TardisMom
    TardisMom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't feel that I am unusually irritable but if I am it's because I take care of 30 elderly patients with very little help who have families that never come visit them and I get bled on, pooped on, and assaulted on a nightly basis. Meanwhile I get pulled in a million directions, trying to pass a million pills, while I am holding in my pee and trying not to kill anyone. Also, I eat and exercise as best I can, and although I don't smoke most of my coworkers do and that's no ones business but there own. I get that nurses are supposed to be advocates for a healthy lifestyle but we are people with the same struggles as anyone else. I think the average person who thinks that their nurse is "irate" has no idea what nurses are expected to squeeze into a shift. That being said I get the privilege of caring for some truly amazing people in the last years of their lives and that is worth all the BS. Most of the time anyway :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    I don't feel that I am unusually irritable but if I am it's because I take care of 30 elderly patients with very little help who have families that never come visit them and I get bled on, pooped on, and assaulted on a nightly basis. Meanwhile I get pulled in a million directions, trying to pass a million pills, while I am holding in my pee and trying not to kill anyone. Also, I eat and exercise as best I can, and although I don't smoke most of my coworkers do and that's no ones business but there own. I get that nurses are supposed to be advocates for a healthy lifestyle but we are people with the same struggles as anyone else. I think the average person who thinks that their nurse is "irate" has no idea what nurses are expected to squeeze into a shift. That being said I get the privilege of caring for some truly amazing people in the last years of their lives and that is worth all the BS. Most of the time anyway :)

My wife was a CNA for two years, so I understand that more than you know!
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question ....

nurse-uniform-lingerie.gif

It's sexy till you replace what she has in her hand with a giant *kitten* needle.. or worse catheter lol
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    What's with all the nurse bashing , we are SO not irritable honestly what's with you people?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    They work too long of shifts which leaves them too tired for sex..
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I've heard many guys say nurses "are easy"...
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Some of us work short shifts :blushing:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

I've heard many guys say nurses "are easy"...

Only on their days off.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

I love you.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    What's with all the nurse bashing , we are SO not irritable honestly what's with you people?

You understand that this post is a direct response to the people bashing nurses, right?

My wife's currently a phlebotomist, and was previously a nurse assistant, so deals with the same working conditions as nurses (and is generally confused for a nurse by patients anyway).
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Poor nurses....:indifferent: I think it is because they have to deal with physicians. :grumble: