Why are Postal employees so rude?

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
And inefficient?! It is like at least two people are doing nothing at any given time. :angry:

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    bc they're unionized and never wanted anything more from life so they are spiteful against anyone else in the outside world because of their own stubborn resentment
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i don't know i always want to deliver mail door to door. lots of exercise and seems easy
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    because their looking for an excuse to go postal..
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's because they're 'Murican, but same things happen in Canada.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its one reason I use UPS whenever possible. The P.O. is ALWAYS losing or losing track of my packages. And if they do, its, "Well, there's nothing I can do about it,...NEXT!"
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Um...I feel I should be upset about this since my dad is a mailman but this time of year he is always cranky...just don't piss them off that's all :)
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that very few people even acknowledge the existence of service people..the people who clean offices, clear up dishes, pick up the towels at gyms. Those people are treated as if they are invisible.

If you smile at someone, ask them how their day is going...it makes a world of difference.

I also say hello to our mailperson and make sure to leave her a gift for Xmas. (Her name is Bridget, she has 4 kids...)
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The work sucks, the pay sucks, the people you have to deal with everyday are belligerent and annoying, because they have to deal with a high-volume workload on very little time and typically their hours are irregular.
    Why is nearly any other service oriented employee in the United States so miserable? Because this country has awful standards and regulations for that kind of work.
  • whierd
    Options
    Its one reason I use UPS whenever possible. The P.O. is ALWAYS losing or losing track of my packages. And if they do, its, "Well, there's nothing I can do about it,...NEXT!"

They have almost no accountability. Because govt union.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Because if they were pleasant, you'd think you were at the wrong place.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Because they have the same discussions all day every day. Kind of like the forums.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with unions and everything to do with industries trying harder and harder to reduce liability, this is common for any business, from corporate down to non-profit.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that very few people even acknowledge the existence of service people..the people who clean offices, clear up dishes, pick up the towels at gyms. Those people are treated as if they are invisible.

If you smile at someone, ask them how their day is going...it makes a world of difference.

That is so true. I always say good morning or afternoon to the cleaning staff. Without them cleaning the bathroom, my day will not be the same. There is nothing worse than using a dirty bathroom - and I applaud them for their work, even if they are getting paid for it.
  • whierd
    Options
    The work sucks, the pay sucks, the people you have to deal with everyday are belligerent and annoying, because they have to deal with a high-volume workload on very little time and typically their hours are irregular.
    Why is nearly any other service oriented employee in the United States so miserable? Because this country has awful standards and regulations for that kind of work.

Their pay is pretty decent with good benefits. And the work is monotonous, not hard.
  • socajam
    Options

That is such crap.
  • socajam
    Options

Exactly.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    They're super-nice where I come from! Rural-type places, that is. We always give our mailman cookies and fudge on holidays.
  • whierd
    Options

I also say hello to our mailperson and make sure to leave her a gift for Xmas. (Her name is Bridget, she has 4 kids...)

I am always pleasant to people and I also give my delivery person a Christmas gift.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I want to be a mailman
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

OK I will say they have started tracking the actual carriers to know where they are. The carriers themselves have had to start doing more. And get yelled at by some customers and usually the post master...I'd be cranky too if everyone yelled at me