I still feel fat.

Options
kevalbs
kevalbs Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Although my current weight loss goal is 20 lbs, it's only the tip of my weight-loss journey (it's also proven to be the toughest).

About two years ago, I weighed around 285 lbs, at 16 and 5'10". Through hard work, discipline, and lots of support I lost about 75 lbs in those two years. It feels great to know that I managed to set my body free of all that excess baggage.

I can now finally buy clothes where my friends buy clothes, but more importantly, where I want to buy clothes. I can express my love of food and the joy it brings me without feeling judged by other thinner people. Veins are slowly starting to pop out throughout my body and my muscles are finally starting to make attractive curves (I'm a guy by the way). In spite of all this, when I take off my shirt and look in the mirror, I still see the same 285 lbs boy.

My weight is something that has always made me feel self-conscious because I was bullied for being overweight almost all my life. It used to make me want to end my life. And in that sense, to be where I am today, feels amazing. It's like I've done the impossible. Yet often times I still feel so unhappy with how my body looks. I'm very good at pointing out exactly what I don't like about it, and it's like I can't even help it. I know I should feel proud because I worked so hard to get here but sometimes it still feels like I'm terribly obese and it makes me feel inferior.

I recently went to my school's nutritionist to talk about what I can do to lose these final pounds. That's when she suggested I join MyFitnessPal.com. Within the first few days I was given a whole new perspective of my caloric intake and it helped me tremendously with portion control. I know one day (soon, I hope) I will reach my target weight and hopefully then, I'll be content with my body all of the time. It feels good to know that there are other people out there struggling too, and they might have it harder than I do but they don't quit. Reading other people's writings have already inspired me greatly. Thank you MFP!

If you feel this way too, please let me know! Or if you used to feel like this, what made you change? :smile:

51264865.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Me too. It takes time. I've done this before. Just stick with it.
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I never had much weight to lose but it was so hard for me to lose the little weight I needed to. MFP was the clarity that I needed. I had such a skewed vision of what I was eating and what I needed to eat. I attribute my success to MFP and my gym friends. now that I have seen success I am addicted to it.
This discussion has been closed.