Question! :)

Options
I am 150ish calories under my goal and I have no idea what to log to make those calories up. May I have some ideas? Maybe something high in fiber or protein but lower in fat?

Replies

• slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, I would just let it go. :smile:
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Yep. Or do what I did and have some protein powder. Also, egg whites!
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    unless you're weighing every single thing you eat correctly, there's a pretty big margin of error... same with if you're eating back exercise calories via mfp estimates.. so if you're not hungry i imagine it wouldn't hurt to just let those 150 cals go....

if you're hungry, there are so many options high in protein/fiber i don't even know what to suggest... i personally love cottage cheese
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I might just do cottage cheese. :)

I don't eat back workout calories. But I am having a pretty big burn tomorrow so I want to be fueled.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am 150ish calories under my goal and I have no idea what to log to make those calories up. May I have some ideas? Maybe something high in fiber or protein but lower in fat?

i love roast turkey for a protein source.
  • calebnmariah
    calebnmariah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At my health food store I buy a protein bar called quest bar. It has 20 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber and 2 net carbs. It is filling but it also has a good amount of protein for when you're doing big workouts.
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't focus on my daily calories. If I am under one day, I eat it another. The weekly average means more to me than the daily. I generally save up a little here and there for PIZZA! (or somethings else delicious and high in calories!)

27508099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shawnpcorreia
    Options
    At my health food store I buy a protein bar called quest bar. It has 20 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber and 2 net carbs. It is filling but it also has a good amount of protein for when you're doing big workouts.

Yes this^^ plus they are delicious!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    A small apple or 1/2 a banana with a tbsp of peanut butter .

2 fried or hard boiled eggs.

1 fried egg on 1 slice of bread.

Full fat yogurt (4-6 ounces)

Protein shake made with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup berries + 1 scoop protein powder

1 ounce of nuts

a small bowl of cereal with 1/2 cup of milk
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I might just do cottage cheese. :)

I don't eat back workout calories. But I am having a pretty big burn tomorrow so I want to be fueled.

If you're having a big burn tomorrow you may want to add some whole wheat crackers or fruit for carbs.