another Today Show viewer

Options
I just turned 60 and I'm sure that any progress will be painfully slow, but I'm going to give it a try. Over the past 5 years, since menopause and taking a very sedientary job, I have put on about 40+ pounds. I also love my 2-3 glasses of wine at night when I come home!! I'm hoping that by logging everything into a site like this I will get and stay motivated. Wish me luck!!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and welcome!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this fantastic site! You CAN do it..and we are all here to support you.....

At the start of your lifestyle change, I would try and leave the glasses of wine for the weekend...you will definately enjoy them more if they are only a little cheat...alcohol can really slow down weight loss....

One of the most important things I learnt here....is to drink loads and loads of water! It really does help :flowerforyou:

Good Luck xx
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb! I'm at the other end of the menopause spectrum -- just starting the fun! I'm about 43 pounds over what I want to be. I just joined the site today, after seeing the piece on the Today Show this morning. So far, it seems like a wonderful place to meet new people who are all in the same boat and can motivate each other. I'm excited!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I've made good progress and I still have a glass of wine most evenings and a few nights may have 2 ;) Make smart choices, exercise when you can, and make changes you can live with!

Good luck.

L
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    I also am slow going..Im 52 and assume its because of the whole pre-menopausal hormone thing! Since I'm watching the food and do 30 min of elliptical each day. I don't even have the wine at night lol. Ugh so frustrating! I'm a Today show fan too, the first time I heard of MFP was on there:). Welcome and good luck!