low fat food in india/low calories

Options
I am going for a trip india and I will be away for a month and I dont want my diet to be ruined and come back 10 kg fater so I would love some advice on what to eat while I am there .... What are the dishes with low calories and low fat in india that I could try ? Which foods are an absolute no in case of butter and fat ? I have absolutely no idea how to calculate that .. I come from greece and I am used to the mesogeian diet ? Anyone who could help me out ? Thanks !

Replies

• postzak
    postzak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't bother about not eating anything that has 'high fat'.
    Jeeezz you're going to india, have anything you like! Just don't overdo it, that's all.
    The food in these places is so much cleaner than we got here in europa en/or america or where ever you live.
    Just eat when you're hungry and control your portions, don't you dare to skip the nice meals they have over there.

You shouldn't be obsessed with waht you are eating, don't think about food, just have fun over there and the thoughts of food will drift awayy
  • DKrisAn
    DKrisAn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you are going to northern India, you can stick to mostly the vegetarian dishes. There are a whole range of vegetarian curries, dals etc.

Which state(s) are you planning on visiting?

My husband and I eat Indian food about 90% of the time.
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from India! Let me tell you, Indian food is super super healthy ! Its nothing like the Indian food we get in the US which is full of butter and cream! :/

If you're going to north India - stick to Phulkas(breads with no fat) and vegetarian curries (don't get anything with the word makhani or korma -- ask for DRY curries , or dal, those are usually the healthiest )

If you're going to south India -- try to get a THALI (its like a sampler plate with a ton of dishes) -- eat what you like! In general , south indian food is less oily/creamy than north indian food.

PM me if you have more questions!