Eating too early

Options
2»

Replies

• climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Before anything......you obviously know what the problem is and you don't need us to tell you what the solution is.

You are recovering from your ED. Obviously you are having a hard time really recovering.
    You are already thin. Why in the world are you trying to lose 2lbs a week?

Most importantly, have you talked to your therapist about this?

And, no, you, especially no you should be doing IF 16:8

You seem very thin already and you are trying to lose 20lbs? You have so little to lose that setting MFP to 2 lbs a week is unrealistic, and that doesn't take into account the ED. Find a professional to talk, not MFP.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Okay so today for instance, it's 11:40 am and I have ate both breakfast and lunch and I'm having to stop myself from going in and making another meal! I normally have to have my dinner at around 4pm as I'm always starving and am never hungry at night, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and how to solve it? Thanks!

I find that when I have nothing to do I eat more then I want to out of boredom. My solution is to get busy. Go to the gym, go out for a walk, a run... whatever activity you like. Just get out and do something that does not involve food.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Honey at 18 you need to eat more, that's why you're hungry! :flowerforyou:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you have your account set at losing 2 lbs per week? I suspect it's a combination of not enough calories and not enough protein and fat. Can you open you diary?

What you should do though is have your account set at 1/2 or 1 lb per week, change macro's to around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats, and exercise so you can eat 50% of those exercise calories. At 18, a 2000 calorie diet is not uncommon if you are active.

For some reason I track everything on my diary in the app for iphone, and it doesn't show up on the website hence why I can't open my diary, it's set at losing 2lb and my calories are at 1200. I ride my horses everyday if that counts as exercise

And there in lies the problem. With almost nothing to lose, you should be at 1/2 lb per week and probably should either eat back your exercise calories or set your account to moderately active. Exercise requires more calories. But I suspect you should be closer to 1700 or more. Before that scares you because it "seems" like a lot of calories, but is a thread with over 500+ response on women that eat 1800+

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day
  • walkerkt00
    walkerkt00 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone, you seem to be eating too few calories- and the calories you are eating a quite carb heavy. I find I need a big protein rich breakfast (eggs with back bacon, avocado, and chia flax bread), and with a green smoothie as a morning snack I can usually put off lunch until close to 1-2 pm. I have a ton of weight to lose and even set at 2 lbs a week I'm eating 1300-1400 calories a day- so you should be eating much more than 1000. It was hard to put down the carbs and pick up the protein, but it will make all the difference in the world. Making changes to your diet doesn't mean eating the bare minimum, it means eating quality whole foods so your body has the energy it needs.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    This was me, depending on my work schedule I got up at 5am or 9am, three meals just wasn't keeping me full on some days. My solution was to start eating 6 meals a day. My two morning and mid-morning snacks is usually fruit, mostly out of convenience. That doesn't mean that all days are perfect, but it usually works for me. My diary is open if you want to look at it.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Actually everybody is right you need to eat more and plan to lose weight (if you need to lose) slowly. Eat at a deficit of about 500 calories.

Unless you're a skinny dwarf girl that means you need to eat over 1200 calories per day.