Shakeology

Options
Hello-I am looking for some unbiased reviews for Shakeology. I am looking for something to help with enegry and a boost at weight loss would not hurt. I understand that a caloire deficit is the only way to lose weight but trying something new always gets me excited so if I actually enjoy Shakeology is might help keep me motivated.

Do the shakes keep you full? Did you notice extra energy? Did it assist with weight loss?

$130 a month is very pricey so I am trying to do as much research on this product as I can before I make a decision. They do have a 'bottom of the bag' guarantee so that does make me want to try it even more!

Any advise/feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!!

Replies

• SGreen134
    SGreen134 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I use them.. I can't say they give me extra energy but I do love the chocolate the most so for a meal replacement it is great and does help with sweet cravings.

I have tried the vanilla and am not a fan of it, even mixed with other stuff..chocolate is the way to go. If you become a coach you can get it for about 100.00 a bag so save some money. Maybe find a neighbor or friend and split a packet order so your not stuck with a whole bag in case you don't like it.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    WAY overpriced for what it gives you.. there are cheaper alternatives and if you search on this site I think there are even posts that list alternatives to shakeology... as i mentioned just not worth that price tag... basically its beachbodys gimmicks to get you to buy more expensive recurring charge items.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I was not a fan. For that price it should've tasted amazing and it was disgusting. I tried several different "recipes" to make it more palatable but by the time I was done tweaking it the shake was now 400-500 calories. I decided or scrap it and just eat real food. I did not notice any change in my energy levels either.

I'd say save your cash.
  • SGreen134
    Options
    Thanks for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I drink one every day and love it. I've only had the chocolate. It helps me reach my daily calories and is good for on the go. I'm sure there are cheaper options for a meal replacement shake but I enjoy my daily shake and its convenient for my schedule :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    It's pricey for one reason: it's an MLM product. The ingredients list doesn't mean much if the distributor isn't making the product (which Beach Body doesn't). By using a 3rd party manufacturer, the quality and purity of the ingredients can be suspect since most raw material is imported from countries that don't regulate them, like China. Though Beach Body claims it's all natural, there is no "Certified Organic" label or inspection since DSHEA act doesn't require it. It only requires they be safe for ingestion.

One serving is about $4 dollars.
    You could get a 10lb bag of ON Gold Standard Whey (a quality product manufactured by the seller and US inspected) along with Natural greens and it would be about $1.50 a serving.

IMO, drinks should just be used as supplementation ALONG with solid food meals to meet macro/micro nutrients for individuals. Calorie deficit is going to be the determining factor on weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SGreen134
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's pricey for one reason: it's an MLM product. The ingredients list doesn't mean much if the distributor isn't making the product (which Beach Body doesn't). By using a 3rd party manufacturer, the quality and purity of the ingredients can be suspect since most raw material is imported from countries that don't regulate them, like China. Though Beach Body claims it's all natural, there is no "Certified Organic" label or inspection since DSHEA act doesn't require it. It only requires they be safe for ingestion.

You could get a 10lb bag of ON Gold Standard Whey (a quality product manufactured by the seller and US inspected) along with Natural greens and it would be about $1.50 a serving.

IMO, drinks should just be used as supplementation ALONG with solid food meals to meet macro/micro nutrients for individuals. Calorie deficit is going to be the determining factor on weight loss.

IDEA Fitness member

I use the ON Gold Standard Whey, and I definitely recommend it. It is a good way to get in extra protein if you are struggling to eat enough of it and it tastes great as well.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I ordered the chocolate bag a few months ago to just try it.

The taste was good, however it was no fountain of youth. I already eat a wide variety of foods so my energy levels were not affected much. However, for someone that say, only ate junk food, then I"m sure the added nutrients helped that person.

The price is pretty crazy, and anyone can be a coach, which means anyone that might not be fully trained in nutrition or exercise, really they're just sales people.

I'm not dissing it, yet I'm not promoting either.
    I now drink Gnarly protein shakes and they taste better that Beachbody.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love it! I am not a coach BTW. I drink it for breakfast every day, plain. I add something else to my breakfast though. I like Greenberry the best. Vanilla is ok but has a weird aftertaste. I have noticed that I don't get tired at all during the day, and that's saying alot as I drink no caffeine whatsoever (can't have it due to sensitivity issue) and I know I don't get enough sleep. My nails and eyelashes have also grown alot. I've been drinking it since March. I know it's pricey, but I think it speaks for itself. At least try a bag. I love the chocolate but can't have it due to another sensitivity issue!!
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake every morning for convenience, plus it helps me to take vitamins and other supplements I take. I found this link and have been making my own. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/make-protein-shakes-protein-powder-2138.html
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I use the ON Gold Standard Whey, and I definitely recommend it. It is a good way to get in extra protein if you are struggling to eat enough of it and it tastes great as well.
    I use ON nutrition products because they make their own products and also care about the raw materials they get.
    Gold Standard Whey and Nitrocore are my 2.

IDEA Fitness member