Diet plate and portion sizes

Options
Hi everyone.
I splashed out on the diet plate and bowl and quite frankly, never use them but today I made a big pot of soup and guesstimated it to be 8 servings - BUT thought I'd have a look at the unused diet bowl and see what it was. 16 SERVINGS!!!!! 16!!!! I was pretty shocked but I used the diet bowl as my portion and I'm fine and not hungry.
Does anyone else use them please? The portion did seem really tiny and I'm worried I'll be hungry later so I'd love to know if other people use them and how they find the portion sizes.
Thanks. x

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how little a portion is of a lot of foods. Not that we need to be eating more than that most of the time but if you guess how much things are you can very easily add hundreds of calories to your day without knowing it. Weigh and measure all your food for success.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the plates and bowls in question, however many people under estimate how much they're eating which is why it is so important to weigh food accurately.
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the plates and bowls in question, however many people under estimate how much they're eating which is why it is so important to weigh food accurately.

This ^^^
  • floridachristmas
    Options
    Yes, I really need to watch my portion sizes for sure. Stupidly I've still been eating some rubbish but convincing myself that if I leave a bit I'm saving myself calories whereas I just shouldn't have been eating it in the first place!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Never heard of those, I don't think they're necessary as long as you weigh your food though. I had a full normal plate for dinner last night and it was still only 389 calories.