weight watchers

Options
2»

Replies

• stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried WW a while back. I quit when the woman leading the group suggested skipping a meal if you are going out to dinner. From what I heard, the people who lead the groups are people who have been successful with WW. I am sure they get some training but they are by no means nutritionists or health care professionals.

ETA - I have gotten more useful information on the MFP message boards than I ever did at WW, and no one here every suggested I buy any of their preservative-laden boxed "foods".

I feel bad that you had such a bad leader - I've been very fortunate with leaders; though I have heard some horror stories as well.

I have NEVER had a WW leader and/or receptionist suggest or force any of the WW snacks on me EVER. And guess what? I don't use them. Again, I feel bad that you had a bad experience with it.
  • comm1t_1984
    comm1t_1984 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WW is a great program if you're able to understand the points concept. My friend and I both joined and we weren't able to understand the points concept. That was the second time I joined. I'm much better at looking at the calories and other information. My sister-in-law did GREAT on WW. She point her points on EVERYTHING and was able to have the point mentality. She lost 100 pounds in less than a year!