Too much information! - Simple advice please on cal intake

Options
2»

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I have found mfp gives too much credit for exercise and I stayed stuck at the same weight for a week using mfp recommendations. Also mfp doesn't know what to do with meal replacement shakes. A 200 cal meal replacement shake is intended to impart about 1500 calories worth of nutrition. While I wouldn't go to nothing but a shake all day, this helps me know how to ignore all those mfp warnings that my body is in starvation mode! I should be able to resume losing weight by following mfp guidlines, minus the calories that are replaced by meal replacement shakes!

hmmm I've never heard this before... I know meal replacements often have much more protein, which keeps you full longer... I took it at that and just worked it into my day.

Anyone else know anything of this?

I think the person is confusing micronutrients and maronutrients. A 200 cal shake may (?) contain the daily requirement of micronutrients but it doesn't contain 1500 calories worth of . . . calories.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what have you had the easiest time sticking with - or what have you been able to stick with the longest?
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I have found mfp gives too much credit for exercise and I stayed stuck at the same weight for a week using mfp recommendations. Also mfp doesn't know what to do with meal replacement shakes. A 200 cal meal replacement shake is intended to impart about 1500 calories worth of nutrition. While I wouldn't go to nothing but a shake all day, this helps me know how to ignore all those mfp warnings that my body is in starvation mode! I should be able to resume losing weight by following mfp guidlines, minus the calories that are replaced by meal replacement shakes!

hmmm I've never heard this before... I know meal replacements often have much more protein, which keeps you full longer... I took it at that and just worked it into my day.

Anyone else know anything of this?

I think the person is confusing micronutrients and maronutrients. A 200 cal shake may (?) contain the daily requirement of micronutrients but it doesn't contain 1500 calories worth of . . . calories.

I think you're right there... Not finishing your daily cals because you had a shake seems like those Slimfast type programs...