Comment on my diary?

Options
In the last six weeks or so I have made more of an effort than ever to cut my calories to 1500 (roughly my TDEE). In my diary my calories are set to 1300 because that works for me - if I get to it and am still peckish I know I have 200 left for a snack. When it was at 1500, I nearly always went over.

However I am not losing any weight at all. I am currently not exercising other than horse riding 2-3 times a week and being active for a couple of hours each day (walking around fields, on my feet etc) but can't do much more until an ankle injury heals up. Hope to start swimming soon after all clear from doctor.

However I did think that by reducing my calories I would see a little bit of difference somewhere - can anyone look at my diary and see what you think?

PS I know the weekends are sometimes not filled in - this is because I am often away without access to internet, but I don't splurge out at weekends with alcohol/restaurants etc. I would usually skip breakfast, have a sandwhich and soup for lunch and a normal dinner.

any advice welcome.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    based on what I see you are not using a food scale.

You are probably eating more then you think.

And if you are eating at TDEE most days you wont lose weight although I have a hard time believing your TDEE is 1500.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    definitely food scale, and double your protein intake.
  • kgj66
    kgj66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sorry meant TDEE is 1700 from what I worked out so I was going for 1500 calories
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my next question would be how did you calculate TDEE of 1700 based on what stats?
  • upscalelifedownscalebutt
    Options
    my next question would be how did you calculate TDEE of 1700 based on what stats?

Isn't a TDEE of 1700 pretty normal for chubby inactive women?
  • kgj66
    kgj66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To be honest I can't remember- I did it using information from here a few months ago, and then cross referenced with a few of those TDEE calculating websites so see if I was working it out correctly and they all came close.

I suppose it would be an idea to look at it again.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Isn't a TDEE of 1700 pretty normal for chubby inactive women?

well mine would be 1910, my bmr is 1591