Chronology of fatness....

Options

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You look great. Grats on the weight loss.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    So you got younger as you got older! Wow. Great job.
  • antiadipose
    Options
    holy cow!! u look great!
    i agree u look younger!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're a superstar - great pics!:glasses:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Lol that's awesome! WTG guy!! CONGRATS
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ray,

You are such an inspiration. I love reading about your progress it keeps me going. You should be totally proud!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump to check out in the a.m :)
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    You're a completely new man.

Good work fellah.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    WOW such a transformation - You're half the man you used to be :bigsmile: literally.

Nice work!! - such an inspiration
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing!!! You completely look like a different person. Great job!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Great job! You definitely are an example that hard work pays off!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome man congrats, im still working on it getting really close to my goal. This is great inspiration
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look awesome :) congrats :)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You're HOT and inspirational.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome, an inspiration to me!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. In case someone needs a point of reference, my body fat in my "after" picture is around 13%.

Right now, I'm maintaining and continue to train for endurance events, with a duathlon on Aug 22nd, a half marathon Sept 19th, and a 30km mountain bike race Sept 26th. After that, my goal is to cut down to single digit body fat so I get to see my 6-pack abs for the first time in my life, and also to add about 5 lbs of lean mass.

So far in 2010 I have accomplished the following:
    * Loss almost 50 lbs since Nov 2009
    * Feb 28 - Ran my first race, a 3k in 16m45s (9 min/mile pace)
    * Mar 28 - Ran a 5k race in 28 in 26m47s (8:38 min/mile pace)
    * Apr 17 - Climbed 1776 steps of the CN Tower in Toronto in 17m58s (almost 100 steps/min)
    * Apr 25 - Ran a 10k race in 54m02s (8:41 min/mile pace)
    * May 24 - Finished a duathlon (4k run, 30k bike, 4k run) in 1h39m
    * Jun 20 - Finished a 50k mountain bike race in 2h45m (first time on a mountain bike non the less)
    * Jun 26 - Finished a duathlon (5k run, 30k bike, 5k run) in 1h45m (my 2nd 5k was done in exactly 25 mins - 8 min/mile)
    * Aug 1 - Finished a 32k mountain bike race in 2h17m

Now if you would have told me last Nov that I would accomplish all that in 2010, I would have probably punched you in the nose thinking you were making fun of me..LOL.

Set goals; short, med, and long term. Make them realistic, but challenging. Visualize yourself meeting these goals, or looking a certain way. The brain is very powerful and can be used to your advantage, USE IT! And most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP!!! Slip ups will happen, but it's how fast you can move past those and get back at it that will inspire you,motivate you, and I can guarantee you, results WILL COME!

Days that I feel blah and don't feel like going for a run, etc., I just look at that before & after pic, and what I have accomplished so far, and I immediately inspired & motivated. It's a powerful drug..lol.
  • Frannygrl
    Options
    This is so inspiring in every way. Congratulations on the loss and accomplishing everything you have in 2010! Thank you for the advice! I actually got emotional reading it. LOL :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!