This must mean something

Options
I wrote earlier that I was going to stop using MFP for calorie input, but... I don't know why or HOW I found this. I just went on MSN for daily weight loss TIPS and I found this:

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/video.aspx?vid=15ff65a9-128f-499b-bf80-d9d449ea4489&tab=TODAY&from=cp_en-us_health_weight-loss

A woman that lost 178 lbs sticking to MFP ~ :(

I don't know what to think anymore.. maybe I don't need to stop using MFP but stop stressing myself out over numbers and just doing it? OMG. I feel like a quitter! Look at her.... I feel so stupid now.

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This site works. Stick with it.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    its just mathmatics, stick to it and it has to work
  • mrscourter2010
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds about 2 years ago counting calories on my own. It was a pain looking up each food and graphing daily. As SOON as I stopped counting (about 4 months), I gained the weight back bit by bit, and now I am back where I started. I don't want to count calories either but I feel like if I don't I will never lose the weight. Hang in there! :)
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't feel stupid you obviously were looking for tips and guess what!! Here you are :flowerforyou:

Don't stress just log your food, drink your water, excercise and above all watch your fat and sugar intake...you'll get there when your body realizes you are not starving it!

All in good time!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Honestly I know its a lot to do every day but we obviously have failed all other times without it and we aren't doing pills, we aren't doing anything bad to our bodies...we are being good, something that we haven't clearly managed well on our own. Hope you stick with it cause without this I couldn't be losing the way I am.
  • ItsSonia
    ItsSonia Posts: 20
    Options
    aw dont feel stupid. I ran past this outta the blue too.
  • krisakira
    Options
    i honestly have had second thoughts about this site for your exact reason. i joined yesterday, and its all i've been thinking about ever since. i'm logged on here more than i've been logged onto facebook these past 2 days and that is saying something! Right now, i am enjoying this site, probably because it is new and makes me feel good about myself for going under my calorie goal for the day. I enjoy updating my diary and logging my exercise. Calorie counting is always on my mind, I'm always planning what I am going to eat throughout the day. But maybe thats what is needed to lose weight. I sure wasn't doing any losing without counting.
  • losingnow
    Options
    You know at first I did too, but I don't stress about it anymore. I have made some lifestyle changes and sometimes I go over and sometimes i don't. But I guess I didn't jump on the can't have anything good bandwagon. I eat what I want to eat just smaller portions and I am more aware of what I put into my mouth. I have lost weight every week since March. Not a lot of weight every week but some. I want this to be a life style change and if I am constantly worrying about what I eat or don't eat and calories and such I won't be able to stick with it.
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    It does mean bunches...
    it's not about dieting
    it's about being responsible for what and how much of what you put in your body
    for the most part mfp works
    the other part is being honest with yourself
    moving more
    eating less
    and encourging others as we all have this journey together
  • ainslieglen
    Options
    I wrote earlier that I was going to stop using MFP for calorie input, but... I don't know why or HOW I found this. I just went on MSN for daily weight loss TIPS and I found this:

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/video.aspx?vid=15ff65a9-128f-499b-bf80-d9d449ea4489&tab=TODAY&from=cp_en-us_health_weight-loss

A woman that lost 178 lbs sticking to MFP ~ :(

I don't know what to think anymore.. maybe I don't need to stop using MFP but stop stressing myself out over numbers and just doing it? OMG. I feel like a quitter! Look at her.... I feel so stupid now.

Don't be too hard on yourself!! Think of it this way...you probably tend to worry too much anyway...take a deep breath and try this mfp program. It works! I've lost 27 pounds since mid February. Slowly and steadily, and I've never felt healthier. 21 more pounds and I'll reach goal, and a healthy BMI. Worked up fom 45 min. exercise 3 times a week to 60 min. 5 times a week. More energy is a wonderful side effect. You can do this, just try not to stress yourself out and give it a chance. BTW, I'm a 72 year old Gramma, so if I can do it, so can you. Good luck!