Anybody know about baked oatmeal or baked french toast for b

Options
I make this homemade for my family.

The baked oatmeal has an egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, whole rolled oats, milk and a bit of margarine.

The baked french toast is my layered whole wheat home-baked bread with cinnamon, egg, milk, vanilla, a pure maple syrup.

How do I find out calorie amounts for such things... ???

I would like to enjoy the things I make for my family without fretting!

Another thing I like is brown rice with cinnamon for breakfast.

I guess I am having a great deal of difficulty finding the caloric intake on things that aren't laid out plain and simple.

I DO NOT WANT TO GET SO DISCOURAGED I GIVE UP!!!! :-(

Carrie

Replies

• carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I make this homemade for my family.

The baked oatmeal has an egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, whole rolled oats, milk and a bit of margarine.

The baked french toast is my layered whole wheat home-baked bread with cinnamon, egg, milk, vanilla, a pure maple syrup.

How do I find out calorie amounts for such things... ???

I would like to enjoy the things I make for my family without fretting!

Another thing I like is brown rice with cinnamon for breakfast.

I guess I am having a great deal of difficulty finding the caloric intake on things that aren't laid out plain and simple.

I DO NOT WANT TO GET SO DISCOURAGED I GIVE UP!!!! :-(

Carrie
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Go to the following website. It's a recipe calculator and has saved my butt times when I cook (and that's not often):

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I made a simple stir fry for supper last night. This is what I do.
    I go to one of my meals that has nothing logged and type in the full amount of ingredients for the whole recipe.
    2 cups of bean sprouts
    1cup of rice
    1 cup of boiled baby carrots
    1tbsp of peanut sauce
    * then I go to view report where it shows all your nutrition information (I write this on a piece of paper)
    it comes out to cal 161
    carbs18
    fat 1
    protein 2
    chol 0
    sodium 100

etc. then I divide this number by how many people are eating. It can be alot of work depending on the number of ingredients, but it is worth it to me and I have fun doing it. I haven't checked out the one on sparkspeople, but just bookmarked it. Good luck!

I almost forgot. once you have your nutrition information for one serving, delete the ingredients from your meal. If it's something I will have again I log it as a meal with the nutrition information for one serving and name it something like Leslie's stir fry under my meals. Hope this is not too confusing.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    But, the more important question is. . .when is breakfast at your house?

MMMMMM.:tongue: