Favorite Rainy Day Workout?

Options
Hey y'all!

It's a rainy/stormy day here in Arkansas, which means that the two walks I usually do during the day are likely not gonna happen. What are y'alls' favorite indoor exercises (no gym) to do? I've got a few ideas of course, just looking for what all the options are!

Take care and happy losing/gaining/maintaining/building!

PS-feel free to add me if you like. More friends the merrier :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it doesn't rain inside my gym.

so my favorite rainy day workouts- are the ones I would have done anyway- probably squats or deadlifts.
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity and going to the gym right now, but if I didn't have the gym.. I have run in the rain before. Or i've used the tv (which is a smart tv) to go on youtube to look for fitness videos
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    it doesn't rain inside my gym.

so my favorite rainy day workouts- are the ones I would have done anyway- probably squats or deadlifts.

Agreed. Squats, deadlifts, pull-ups.

That being said, I do like running in the rain a lot too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't run much- but if it's raining- it probably won't stop me if I chose to run... I don't mind it as long as it's not freezing- I always feel so.. I dunno- refreshed- something very 'purifying' about running in the rain.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Turn on the radio and dance around the house, run up and down both flights of stairs, wii-fit, I have a few Jillian DVD's that I could put in but dancing is more fun :smile:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) or a workout on the Wii fit. It isn't my usual routine, but it has it's a decent substitution.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would do sit-up variations, push up variations, jumping squats, chin-ups, pretend jump rope, run up and down my stairs, jumping jacks, burpees.... Or do a Jillian video, fitness blender, or Zumba. I would miss my barbell though.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    if it isn't ice rain, a run in the rain can actually be quite fun. much less chance of overheating :bigsmile: and all runners who are out there at the same time, will treat you like you are in a secret society of awesomeness...

i also enjoy rainy days at the park with my dog - noone there to bother us.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I run in the rain on my machine of pavement.

I look forward to it ever chance I get.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in west Michigan and its threatening rain right now! I have a meeting to go to in about an hour, and my evening walk will be in about 5 hours. I'm guessing I'm gonna be walking in the rain. I just bring an umbrella with me and sashay along!!:tongue: It is kinda fun being out in the rain! As long as I don't have to look pretty, I'm all for it! :drinker:
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I like running in the rain.