Starting MFP Again

Options
2»

Replies

• yogapantsandsmiles
    yogapantsandsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've gone off the rails as well. Had some complications with my arthritis, and became very down about myself and stopped trying to maintain my fitness and eating habits. I have the hardest time maintaining the healthy lifestyle. I am graduating in the spring though, and really want to get back in shape. I need some major inspiration as well.

But congratulations on getting married! you've got this!!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I got myself to a great weight about a year and a half ago and then let it slip. After getting married and quitting smoking I put on ten pounds in the last month so here I am back again. Please feel free to add me. i also recently go a fitbit and could use some friends. My id is //www.fitbit.com/user/288ZZB .

Thank you and good luck!

But good for you for quitting smoking... Worth a temporary weight setback:drinker:
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hear you. 2 years ago I lost 80 pounds and then gained 30 back. Lost those 30 and still continuing on my fitness journey :drinker:

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It happens. Last year from Oct till about March I lost 40lbs. i have maintained that weight and lost a couple more, but am having a very hard time getting back into the groove of watching what i eat and excercising. I have a 20 year reunion coming up next June and would like to lose this last 30 lbs. It seems like every time i get back into it..something comes up and totally derails me. I just need to find that willpower I had last year and reapply it! Good luck...its all mind over matter :)
  • getfitaye
    Options
    Yeeeeeep. I'm in the same situation! But hopefully the break was what I needed to get over that plateau!
  • deniseselah1
    Options
    I just re-joined today too after having lost 20# last year doing this. Sending you HAPPY thoughts :) and a friend request! Take care! :)
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It helps to know I'm not the only one... I lost about 130 pounds over 18 months, but then put 60 back on over the next 18. No real excuse; I just got lazy about workouts (I would workout "tomorrow"). I'm trying to get back into a routine (October has been my best month for consistent workouts since December 2011!).
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    Good luck everyone....I fell off the wagon for a while but firmly back on. Need to change my eating habits, and lose some weight!
  • michele0101
    Options
    Starting over again too....lost 70 pounds but gained about 20 back.....the only thing that really works is logging for me...I love MFP, just have to re-commit.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    with all the people here that have come back (some more than once), I don't feel so bad about doing it myself now. I have yo-yoed with the program, lose weight, try to do it on my own, only to find out I don't do so good, so come back, lose some, try one my own...... viscous cycle. I'm on 65 days straight now and while I still have trouble with the weight, going up and down all the time, I am learning my mistakes and poor choices so while the weight isn't going the way I may want/like, its a learning experience and that's what matters.
  • bblumenstock
    bblumenstock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting again - had surgery with a 3 month re-coop, then quit smoking, so now the weight just all jumped back on me.
    Also just diagnosed as diabetic & just started meds - I have to get serious again in order to get healthy - I think it helps all of us to know we aren't alone in this. "WE" can do this.
  • DarrellC76
    Options
    Going to start all over again. Lost 80 pounds the first time, put 33 back on. Here is to second time being the charm.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Same here. Started out strong and got in control of everything and threw MFP to the wind lol thought I had a handle on things and well... I'm back. I currently weigh 176 and my goal weight is 125-130. WE can do this!! Feel free to add me ! :D
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing I just started back on here last week
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    good luck, started back last week had 2 close family members past away recently and got fat as hell (+25lbs) back again now thou :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Happy thoughts your way!!! And anyone can add me if they want extra motivation...god knows I need it!!
  • belovedbattle
    belovedbattle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a five month trip and have gained weight. All my old friends are inactive so I'd love to be everyone's friend for encouraged. :)
This discussion has been closed.