UHOH

SlimCat14
SlimCat14 Posts: 10
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I made a classic mistake..
I weight my pasta dry, not wet giving me wayyy too much so now what I gave up for dinner today has pushed me way over my daily limit of calories but I am going to eat my pasta salad in two days.
I saved the day already, can I still remove items and do it over and then half everything?

Replies

• sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Just wondering what you mean? I weigh my pasta dry, and it'll make a little more than twice the amount (my pasta package doesnt give calories for cooked) so I just use the dry measure/calories.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    You did it right. :happy:

You are suppose weigh pasta BEFORE cooking. :bigsmile:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    You can add and remove items from your diary whenever you choose.

And the good thing about pasta is that it'll keep for a few days in the fridge. So don't fret it. =)
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 583 Member
    I made a classic mistake..
    I weight my pasta dry, not wet giving me wayyy too much so now what I gave up for dinner today has pushed me way over my daily limit of calories but I am going to eat my pasta salad in two days.
    I saved the day already, can I still remove items and do it over and then half everything?

You can go back and amend things sure.

I always weigh my pasta dry. im interested in the weight of the pasta, not the water :p
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    No you did it right!
    You should always weigh stuff uncooked where it is practical.
    Pasta will absorb differing amounts of water, depending on how "done" you cook it.
    Al dente pasta will weigh less than the dry equivalent of fully cooked soft pasta, because it has absorbed less water. But the calorie counts will be the same, because the extra weight is only water.
    Make sense?
  • LOL I changed it.
    I saw the "1 servings of 100 gram" and figured that must be the normal amount for one serving then but when I saw the amount cooked I was in shock HAHA..so much.
    The calories also jumped out of proportion so I went and devided it all in two because I will eat from this two days.
    How much (dry LOL) do you guys usually use per person of whole meal pasta?
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    <50g dry usually does me but I find pasta one of the most filling things ever.

On the nutritional info on the packs here, 1 "serve" is generally 100g dry or 170g cooked
  • 85g dry is the suggested serving.

I like 40-50 g for dry pasta (closer to 40 for shapes and 50 for long)
    About 100g for fresh pasta for a normal meal (I only make long pasta from scratch).
This discussion has been closed.