EXCERCISE TRACKING

martina_5683
martina_5683 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
HOW CAN I ACCURATELY TRACK THE # OF CALORIES BURNED WHEN THE SYSTEM DOES SEEM TO RECOGNIZE ABDOMINAL CRUNCHES AS AN EXCERCISES? DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES YOU BURN FOR 1 CRUNCH, IF AT ALL?????

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    there are so many variables per person they only way to know for sure would be wear a HRM
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Try going into database and typing it in I did a search for sit ups and it came up in there.
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    I have the same question! I track it like aerobics, low impact, but like other say the best way is with a heart rate monitor. I also don't have it in this time :frown: ....Also, does somebody knows if the calories that MFP says you have burned in "X" exercise are according to the weight and heigh of the person?...because i know that the calories burned depend of these two things.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    3.5 calories per kilogram of body weight per hour for any type of light calisthenics like that.

So, say someone who weighs 220 pounds does 15 minutes of ab work. Divide the weight of the person by 2.2 to get kilograms of body weight (220/2.2=100kg) then multiply the kilograms by 3.5 to get 350 calories in an hour. Then divide that by 4 to get 15 minutes. (350/4=87.5) So, 15 minutes for that particular person would be 87.5 calories burned.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    So many different factors play into how much you burn with strength training type exercises. A lot of people are different so you can't really accurately log it unless you have an hrm or something like that
This discussion has been closed.