What don't you log?

Options

Replies

• tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Crumbs of food haha! Or basically food that i have had so little of that it wouldnt make sense to go through all the work (ex: 2 cheerios..).. I dont really log mints or anything like that either!!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I dont log anymore, I have a general idea in my head of what I consume daily. If you can get to my level then your diet can be completely sustained without worrying about calories.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum or mints (even though I know a polo mints has like 1 calorie in each piece), bean sprouts and spices.

Gosh! I log spices - I didn't till out of interest I looked them up - some of them add quite a pile of calories if you use a lot :noway:

I try to log everything but I'd by lying if I said I didn't forget something once in a while!

The only time I don't log something is if - after I've finished my diary and I know I've got some calories I haven't had, I later decide to have something that I know is within my calories and can't be bothered to open it all up again.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    I dont log anymore, I have a general idea in my head of what I consume daily. If you can get to my level then your diet can be completely sustained without worrying about calories.

That is my goal! I'm still getting a general picture of how much 100g of chicken or vegetables look like, but I'm getting better at eyeballing it.
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i dont log exercise
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum but I often do log spices. Not sure why.

If I have a cup of hot tea, I take it plain with no sweetener or anything so I don't log that. I don't drink diet soda anymore on a regular basis but for example I shared a fountain diet cola with my fiancé last weekend at a taco truck and did not log it. It had been over a month since I'd had any.

I don't usually log canola spray. The only exception is my morning egg, which I happen to use a log entry that is "organic egg fried in canola spray". I know a lot of people say that not logging your spray is a hidden diet killer but eh, whatevs. I have not had any problems with it and I don't use a ton.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum or mints or spices or ketchup/mustard ect.
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't log any of my food anymore, I learned to kind of calculate things by the size and how much I eat. It's releiving not to stress on the calories all the time. When I started doing this I finally lost and got to my goal weight.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including spices, SF gum, coffee, tea, etc. I do NOT log exercise unless the burn is greater than 300 calories per my HRM.

ETA: If I'm on vacation and know I'm going to just eat whatever I want, I will ballpark 3000 calories and assume I'm eating under that. Ex. We just spent Saturday at Disneyland and Sunday at Universal Studios. I did NOT log there.
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    I don't log herbal tea.. should I?
    I do log coffee because I have to have it sweet and creamy.. ive cut right down to 1-2 cups a day
    I would log exercise if I did any structured , I get exercise from everyday housework and caring for the family but don't log it.
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    I don't log sugar free gum, and usually forget to log the mustard I put on a sandwich I take to work and add there. Other than that if its 1 M&M I will log it, need to keep myself as honest as possible. I no longer log my exercise I'm trying to eat off of TDEE-20% so I log that I did it at 1 cal
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I never log spices (with the exception of things like McCormick's packets). I almost never log mustard or relish, because I use a tablespoon or less of each and they're effectively 0 calories at that amount. If I'm using a single leaf of lettuce or a couple of grams of spinach for a sandwich or garnish, I don't log it. Really anything used as a garnish -- 10g or less of onion sprinkled on a taco, a 5g thin slice of tomato on an egg sandwich, things like that. I'm just too lazy to bust out the scale for a single paper-thin slice of veg or miniscule pinch of herb. Also, if I'm measuring out my coffee creamer and happen to pour 17ml instead of exactly 15ml I don't bother going in and trying to figure out what percentage of a serving an extra 2ml is.

Excepting the past couple of weeks, I'm usually under my calorie goal by anywhere from 200 to 400 calories, so I really do not sweat the small stuff, especially since it's not like I do all of these skips every day. It's been working out fine so far.

ETA: I also don't log the occasional single bite of something -- this was a bigger deal when I managed a kitchen (and therefore tasted things four or five times a day) but I still do it every now and then.

ETA 2: SON OF ETA: I don't know how I forgot this, but I don't log lemon juice! I've no idea why, because I probably use 2-5 tablespoons a day in my water, tea, salads, etc. I think it's a holdover anorectic behavior; in my mind, lemon juice is just "free" even though I know logically that it has calories.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't log my sugar free gum, and I don't log things like one bite of my husband's macaroni & cheese. If I go crazy and have 3-4 bites of m & c, then I'll log it.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Cheat days, spices and if the label says 0 calories.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't log:

-coffee, because I only drink it black and it only has 2 calories
    -water, because I don't need nearly 64oz a day
    -sparkling water, because the same reasons
    -tea, because it's 0 calories
    -vitamins, because they have no calories and I'm trying to determine if I need to keep taking a multivitamin or just a calcium one
  • dizzysmile
    dizzysmile Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mainly just single cans of Diet Coke, and not even purposely; I just tend to forget because they essentially don't matter. I do log spices and mustard, but I also eyeball them a bit. I don't drink coffee, rarely drink tea and pretty much never have gum or mints.
  • Wooly_I_am
    Options
    Unfortunately I log everything. Even my vitamins and supps.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't log my iced tea, diet coke, or splenda. I log everything else including gum.
  • sasouna
    sasouna Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't log my diet pepsi or gum.:ohwell:
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If the label says no calories, then I don't log it. I don't log gum, spices, coffee (I don't use anything in it), or things like the handful of green onions I threw on my salad last night (it was an afterthought after I'd added everything else into my diary). I do not log any kind of activity unless it's dedicated exercise. Cleaning, cooking - those don't count.