Ex-dancer with a lot to lose (10lbs lost in 1 mo.)

Options
I used to HATE exercising. I hated gyms, even though I have a membership and rarely went. My idea of losing weight would just be cutting out calories -- an unhealthy amount of calories. I even went to yoga classes, but they were difficult because I was out of shape. I knew I had to do something.

My start date was September 23rd. I eat mostly protein, cut out most the carbs, cut out all sugar and absolutely no salt. At first it was hard -- the cravings, not to mention feeling as if diet food was so bland. So, I went and collected recipes from all over the net and found that healthy food CAN taste good... really good.

I also always had trouble losing weight when exercising, until my trainer explained how high intensity workouts will melt off the calories. Back when I first started on the treadmill at the gym in September, I would just walk fast for a half hour (at best). With the combination of the food and exercise, I'm now running for 2 miles. Here's the crazy part: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE running now! I LOVE the gym! I feel such a difference in my mind and body, it's pretty incredible :)

Hoping to meet others like me. I don't necessarily have a goal where I have to lose so-and-so pounds by so-and-so date. I'm just looking to better my lifestyle -- mind and body.

I'd like to trade recipes and workout routines... maybe even success pictures during this process :)

Replies

• KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love the gym too! I have made so many friends and learned so much from my interactions with people that share my passion.
  • cayoo
    cayoo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same boat with the gym it was hard for me to go once or twice a week initially, once I got a routine going it became much easier and now I enjoy it so much that there are certain days in the week where I go twice. I never miss a workout and I love being there. The People are very friendly and helpful there!

I to initially started with just 30min cardio at 3.0, and have moved up to spinning and weight lifting.
  • nataliejulie
    Options
    Nice! I started at 3.0, too. Now I'm at 6.5 and it feels comfortable. Now It's getting fun to see how far I can push each week :)