Not losing, now i'm GAINING

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    5 pounds of water due to retention for muscle repair after increasing the intensity of strength workouts? Absolutely can, and most likely did. Diet has little to do with it.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Ocean,

I calculated your TDEE on the Scooby calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator

I entered the stats you gave and chose an activity level of 3-5 hours a week with a 20% calorie reduction.

Here's what I got:
    BMR: 1944
    TDEE: 3013
    TDEE-20%: 2410

You should therefore be resetting MFP to 2400cals daily based off what I chose. You can also calculate a higher activity level if you want to continue working out as you are (though 3-5 hours a week is plenty).

Keep in mind that with this method you don't eat back calories as they are already taken into account. You also need to recalculate every 5-10lbs lost. When you get about 25lvs from goal youll start using TDEE-15%. When you get to 10lbs left drop the % to 10.

A good read for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Good luck!

Forgot to say that the new calorie goal should be tried for at least 4 weeks. If you continue to gain or maintain at that time, drop 100 calories every 4 weeks or so until you find your sweet spot!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm the pesky type. So I'm gonna ask again.

Is there a food scale in the picture?

If not, it's not gonna work, sorry, and you aren't properly measuring food. You're going to have to choose between fun answers like "eat more" and boring but effective ones that systematically look of the answer.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Here's what I got:
    BMR: 1944
    TDEE: 3013
    TDEE-20%: 2410

IMO those are massively overestimated. Using the IIFYM calculator and accounting for body fat %age and exercise intensity, BMR comes in at 1400 and TDEE at right around 2000.

TDEE - 20% is then 1600 calories/day.
  • sourgrape_
    Options
    you should try to use a food scale instead of using measuring cups.. looked at your diary and most of the food is logged as cups/scoops
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    you should try to use a food scale instead of using measuring cups.. looked at your diary and most of the food is logged as cups/scoops

This is exactly what I saw!

You're clever. Be my friend!