Juicing Tips & Recipes for Beginner plzz!

Options
I've got a juicer just laying around that I dont use and i'm starting to feel a little guilty about it lol I hate using it because it's such a pain in the butt to clean and it seems to be so expensive to keep the veggies/fruits stocked.

Anyone have some tips & good recipes for a beginner juicer??

My husband works graveyard shifts so its sleeping when I get up in the morning, so maybe I could juice the night before when I go to bed and drink it in the AM? If I juice a small batch can it last a few days in the fridge?

Replies

• LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hate the actual process of juicing, and I work a full time job so the thought of having to juice daily completely repulses me! But I've set a goal to replace one meal a day with juice so I had to figure out a system. I typically juice a relatively large batch; maybe 4-5 days worth at a time, separate it out into jars and store in the fridge and/or freezer. It keeps better in the freezer, but it takes about a day or maybe a little more to defrost so I have to keep that in mind. I've read that storing juice in the fridge for more than a few hours can remove some of the nutrients from it. It sucks, but in my opinion, I'm still getting most of the nutrients, and I'm not willing to juice daily, so it's better than nothing, right?

Sadly, I don't really use specific recipes. I mainly just use what I happen to have in my fridge at the time: Mostly spinach, broccoli, kale, carrots, apples, peaches, ginger, oranges, cranberries...

PS. I hold onto pasta sauce jars, etc. to use for my juices.